Information about Ramipril
How ramipril works
Ramipril is an angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor. It works by reducing stress on the heart and relaxing blood vessel so that blood flows more smoothly and the heart can pump blood more efficiently.
Common side effects of ramipril
Decreased blood pressure, Cough, Increased potassium level in blood, Fatigue, Weakness, Dizziness, Renal impairment
Available Medicine for Ramipril
- ₹52 to ₹279Sanofi India Ltd7 variant(s)
- ₹69 to ₹281Lupin Ltd6 variant(s)
- ₹38 to ₹237Micro Labs Ltd5 variant(s)
- ₹42 to ₹175Ipca Laboratories Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹42 to ₹178Cipla Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹33 to ₹83Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹49 to ₹106Eris Lifesciences Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹31 to ₹166Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹25 to ₹49FDC Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹40 to ₹159Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd4 variant(s)
Expert advice for Ramipril
- You have been prescribed Ramipril to improve blood pressure.
- Lowering blood pressure reduces the chance of future heart attack & strokes.
- It may also be used to treat chronic (long-standing) heart failure.
- It protects kidney function, which is especially useful for people with diabetes or mild-to-moderate kidney diseases.
- Ramipril can make you feel dizzy for the first few days. Take it preferably at bedtime and rise slowly if you have been sitting or lying down.
- Let your doctor know about any dizziness, cough, or throat irritation that does not go away.
- It may increase the level of potassium in blood. Avoid taking potassium supplements and potassium-rich foods such as banana and broccoli.
- Do not take it during pregnancy or breastfeeding. Tell your doctor if you become pregnant while taking Ramipril.
Frequently asked questions for Ramipril
Q. Is Ramipril safe to use?
Yes, Ramipril is safe if used in prescribed doses for the prescribed duration advised by your doctor.
Q. Does Ramipril cause cough?
Yes, Ramipril causes dry cough. It is one of the common side effects of Ramipril.
Q. Does Ramipril cause frequent urination?
No, Ramipril does not affect the frequency of urination. However, it may increase the amount of urine you pass at one time.
Q. Does Ramipril cause itching?
Yes, Ramipril may cause allergic infections like itching of skin. However, it is not very commonly observed.
Q. Does Ramipril increase the potassium levels in the blood?
Yes, Ramipril can increase the potassium levels in the blood (hyperkalemia). This is one of the most common side effects of Ramipril.
Q. Does Ramipril cause depression?
Yes, Ramipril may cause depression. However, it is not very commonly observed.
Q. Does Ramipril cause thinning of the blood?
No, Ramipril does not cause blood thinning.