food interaction for ZYVEN
alcohol interaction for ZYVEN
pregnancy interaction for ZYVEN
lactation interaction for ZYVEN
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for ZYVEN
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for ZYVEN
- DVENIZ 50 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 11.30/tabletRs. 113pay 18% more per tablet
- MDD XR 50 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Abbott India LtdRs. 10.70/tabletRs. 107pay 12% more per tablet
- VENTAB DXT 50 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 11.10/tabletRs. 111pay 16% more per tablet
- PRESTIQ 50 MG TABLET(10 tablet in strip)Pfizer LtdRs. 13.19/tabletRs. 131.89pay 38% more per tablet
- NEWVEN OD 50 MG TABLET(10 tablet in strip)Torrent Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 9.10/tabletRs. 91save 5% more per tablet
- Dr. Kanika MehrotraMBBS
- Dr. Anurag MishraMBBS, MD
- Dr. Samir ParikhMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Deepak RahejaMBBS, MD, Fellowship
- Dr. Jyoti Kapoor MadanMBBS, DNB, Diploma, Fellowship
Expert advice for ZYVEN
- Do not start or continue desvenlafaxine, in any form if you are allergic to desvenlafaxine or any other ingredients of the medicine.
- Do not take desvenlafaxine, if you have fever, muscle stiffness or tremor, changes in your mental state like confusion, irritability and extreme agitation (serotonin syndrome or neuroleptic malignant syndrome).
- Avoid taking desvenlafaxine, if you have any respiratory problem; seizure or epilepsy; suicidal tendencies; or mania.
- Do not suddenly withdraw or discontinue therapy.
- Avoid drinking alcohol while taking desvenlafaxine in any form.
- Do not take this drug, if you are using antidepressants (monoamine oxidase inhibitors) or have been taking them within the previous two weeks.
- Desvenlafaxine can cause drowsiness and, therefore, caution has to be taken before operating an automobile or machinery or engaging in activities requiring mental alertness and coordination.
Frequently asked questions for ZYVEN
Q.Is desvenlafaxin same as venlafaxine?
Desvenlafaxine and venlafaxine belongs to same category of drugs with similar action, but their effect may vary upon individual response
Q.Is desvenlafaxine an addictive?
No, patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q.Is desvenlafaxine a SSRI/stimulant?
No, desvenlafaxine belongs to class of medication called as selective serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors (SNRIs)
Q.Is desvenlafaxine safe?
Desvenlafaxine is safe, if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Does desvenlafaxine cause weight gain?
No, desvenlafaxine is not known to cause weight. Consult your doctor if you experience such side effects.