Information about Desvenlafaxine
Desvenlafaxine is used in the treatment of depression.
How Desvenlafaxine works
Desvenlafaxine works by increasing the levels of chemical messengers (serotonin and noradrenaline), natural substances in the brain that help maintain mental balance.
Common side effects of Desvenlafaxine
Anxiety, Constipation, Decreased appetite, Dizziness, Increased sweating, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Nausea, Sexual dysfunction, Vomiting
Available Medicine for Desvenlafaxine
₹128 to ₹3925 variant(s)
D-VenizSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹138 to ₹2452 variant(s)
₹159 to ₹2622 variant(s)
NexvenlaAlkem Laboratories Ltd
₹143 to ₹2552 variant(s)
NewvenTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹132 to ₹2382 variant(s)
DesverenLa Renon Healthcare Pvt Ltd
₹105 to ₹1832 variant(s)
₹42 to ₹2663 variant(s)
₹101 to ₹1962 variant(s)
DenlafaxEmcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹128 to ₹2072 variant(s)
UnidexTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹101 to ₹1402 variant(s)
Expert advice for Desvenlafaxine
- Desvenlafaxine helps in treating depression and anxiety.
- It may also be used to treat nerve pain from diabetes and some other forms of chronic pain.
- It may take 2 to 4 weeks for Desvenlafaxine to start working. Keep taking it as prescribed.
- It may cause dizziness and sleepiness. Do not drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how it affects you.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking Desvenlafaxine as it may cause excessive drowsiness and increase the risk of liver damage.
- It may cause an increase in blood pressure, especially during the first month of treatment. Monitor your blood pressure regularly.
- It may cause a sensation of restlessness, especially when you first start taking it. Inform your doctor if this happens to you.
- Talk to your doctor if you notice sudden mood changes or develop suicidal thoughts.
- Do not stop taking the medication suddenly without talking to your doctor.