How it works
Desvenlafaxine increases the levels of chemical messengers in the brain that helps in regulating the mood and treat depression.
Common side effects
Headache, Dizziness, Blurred vision, Decreased libido, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Sleepiness, Vomiting, Weakness, Nausea, Dry mouth, Abdominal pain, Agitation, Lethargy, Dyspepsia, Increased sweating, Paresthesia (tingling or pricking sensation), Fatigue, Anxiety, Chills, Diarrhoea, Vertigo, Increased blood pressure, Decreased appetite, Flushing (sense of warmth in the face, ears, neck and trunk), Sleep disorder, Constipation, Tremor
- ₹95 to ₹195Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹107 to ₹197Abbott India Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹131 to ₹239Pfizer Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹130 to ₹205Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹108 to ₹175Alkem Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹100 to ₹180Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹96 to ₹167La Renon Healthcare Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹105 to ₹201Zydus Cadila2 variant(s)
- ₹84 to ₹162Cipla Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹101 to ₹120Unichem Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- Take Desvenlafaxine only as directed by your doctor. Do not take it more often or for a longer period of time.
- You may have to take Desvenlafaxine at least for 4 weeks or longer before you begin to feel better.
- Do not discontinue the use of Desvenlafaxine, unless the doctor has advised you. This may increase the chances of side effects.
- Desvenlafaxine should be taken with food to minimize the chances of an upset stomach.
- Avoid driving after taking Desvenlafaxine as it may cause drowsiness, blurred vision, dizziness and confusion.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking Desvenlafaxine, it may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness.
- Desvenlafaxine may cause a higher risk of suicidal thoughts and behaviour changes.
- Desvenlafaxine causes sleepiness, so it's good for people who have trouble sleeping (insomnia).
Frequently asked questions
Q. Is desvenlafaxin same as venlafaxine?
Desvenlafaxine and venlafaxine belongs to same category of drugs with similar action, but their effect may vary upon individual response
Q. Is desvenlafaxine an addictive?
No, patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q. Is desvenlafaxine a SSRI/stimulant?
No, desvenlafaxine belongs to class of medication called as selective serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors (SNRIs)
Q. Is desvenlafaxine safe?
Desvenlafaxine is safe, if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Does desvenlafaxine cause weight gain?
No, desvenlafaxine is not known to cause weight. Consult your doctor if you experience such side effects.