Information about Ziprasidone
How Ziprasidone works
Ziprasidone is an atypical antipsychotic. It works by modulating the action of certain chemical messengers in the brain that affect thoughts.
Common side effects of Ziprasidone
Vomiting, Sleepiness, Abnormal vision, Akathisia (inability to stay still), Dizziness, Respiratory tract infection, Abdominal pain, Extrapyramidal symptoms, Fever, Facial swelling, Photosensitivity, Decreased body temperature, Tachycardia, Postural hypotension (low blood pressure), Decreased appetite, Muscle pain, Agitation, Breathlessness
Available Medicine for Ziprasidone
ZipsydonSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹91 to ₹2154 variant(s)
ZiprisSunrise Remedies Pvt Ltd
₹39 to ₹1554 variant(s)
₹30 to ₹642 variant(s)
AzonaTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹30 to ₹1193 variant(s)
ZipralLifecare Neuro Products Ltd
₹50 to ₹962 variant(s)
Expert advice for Ziprasidone
- It should be taken with food.
- Use caution while driving or doing anything that requires concentration as Ziprasidone may cause dizziness and sleepiness.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking medicine as it may cause excessive drowsiness.
- Inform your doctor if you develop any unusual changes in mood or behavior, new or worsening depression, or suicidal thoughts or behavior.
- Do not stop taking Ziprasidone without talking to your doctor first as it may cause a worsening of symptoms.