Medicine Overview of Zopicon Tablet
Uses of Zopicon Tablet
Zopicon 10mg Tablet is used in the treatment of insomnia.
Side effects of Zopicon Tablet
Sleepiness, Dizziness, Uncoordinated body movements, Memory impairment, Nervousness, Dry mouth, Loss of appetite.
How to use Zopicon Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It can be taken with or without food, but it is better to take Zopicon 10mg Tablet at a fixed time.
How Zopicon Tablet works
Zopicon 10mg tablet belongs to a group of medicines called sedative-hypnotics. It works by slowing activity of the nerve cells in the brain and helps fall asleep.
In Depth Information on Zopicon Tablet
Expert advice for Zopicon Tablet
- Take the tablet before going to bed in order to have an uninterrupted sleep for 7-8 hours.
- Tell your doctor if you are having rare hereditary problems of galactose intolerance, the Lapp lactase deficiency or glucose-galactose malabsorption.
- Zopiclone should be used with caution in the elderly, patients with liver, kidney and respiratory insufficiency.
- Do not use for more than 4 weeks because it may lead to loss of some efficacy.
- Do not suddenly withdraw the use of zopiclone. You should first lower the dose and then stop taking this medicine over a period of time as directed by your doctor. Use of alcohol and other psychotropics should be avoided when you are on zopiclone therapy.
- Do not use zopiclone if you have history of alcohol/drug abuse, marked personality disorders, any other psychiatric or paradoxical reactions.
- Zopiclone may affect your concentration and judgement. So, do not drive or operate machinery till you feel fine.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Special precautions for Zopicon 10mg Tablet
Zopicon 10mg Tablet may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness with alcohol.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Zopicon 10mg Tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Zopicon 10mg Tablet is probably usafe to use during lactatio+more
n. Limited human data suggests that the drug could represent a significant risk to the baby....
Zopicon 10mg Tablet may make you feel dizzy, drowsy or affec+more
t your vision. Do not drive until your vision is clear....
Zopicon 10mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients+more
with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Zopicon 10mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor....
Zopicon 10mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Zopicon 10mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor.+more
Use of Zopicon 10mg Tablet is not recommended in patients with severe liver disease....
Use of Zopicon 10mg Tablet is not recommended in patients with severe liver disease.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Onitraz 100mg Capsule, Flugee 150mg Tablet, Canditz 100mg Capsule, Fixtral 100mg Capsule
If you miss a dose of Zopiclone, skip it and continue with your normal schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for Zopicon 10mg Tablet
Frequently asked questions for Zopiclone
Zopicon is safe if used at prescribed dose and duration as advised by your doctor.Please follow your doctor's advice regarding its use
Zopicon is a sedative hypnotic and not a benzodiazepine/narcotic
Zopicon is not addictive if used at prescribed dose and duration as advised by your doctor. However, consult your doctor if you develop addiction for Zopicon
Zopicon is hypnotic drug different from Valium (diazepam) which belongs to group of medicines called benzodiazepines
Patient can take Zopicon for 4 weeks. However, it depends upon disease condition. Please follow your doctor's advice regarding its use
Q. Can I take zopiclone with mirtazapine/ sertraline/temazepam/ lorazepam/ Cymbalta (duloxetine)/ Xanax (alprazolam)/ tramadol?
Zopiclone in combination with mirtazapine/ sertraline/temazepam/ lorazepam/ Cymbalta (duloxetine)/ Xanax (alprazolam)/ tramadol may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating. Please follow your doctor's advice regarding its use
Q. Can I take zopiclone with beta blockers/ paracetamol/prednisolone?
Zopiclone can be taken in combination with beta blockers/ paracetamol/prednisolone as it does not cause any harmful reaction. Please follow your doctor's advice regarding its use
Zopicon is used to treat insomnia (inability to sleep) which may reduce anxiety and help you to relax
These side effects are rare or uncommon with Zopicon use. Consult your doctor immediately if you experience one or more such symptoms and stop taking Zopicon immediately.
Substitutes for Zopicon
No substitutes found for this medicine