Information about Morphine
Morphine is used for moderate to severe pain.
How morphine works
Morphine is an opioid analgesic ( pain reliever). It works by decreasing the perception of pain by blocking the transmission of pain signals to the brain.
Common side effects of morphine
Sweating, Dizziness, Sleepiness, Vomiting, Lightheadedness, Nausea, Sedation, Constipation
Available Medicine for Morphine
- ₹35West-Coast Pharmaceutical Works Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹26Modi Mundi Pharma Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹50Troikaa Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹60Verve Healthcare Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹30 to ₹55Biological E Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹34 to ₹62Modi Mundi Pharma Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Morphine
- Use Morphine as instructed by your doctor. Never take in greater amounts or more often than prescribed.
- It causes sleepiness or drowsiness. If this happens to you, do not drive or use machinery.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking the Morphine, as it may cause excessive sleepiness or drowsiness.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems.
- Store opioid pain relievers in a safe place and out of reach of others.
Frequently asked questions for Morphine
Q. Is Morphine opiate and addictive?
Yes Morphine is opiate drug which develops quick tolerance leading to addiction
Q. Is Morphine categorized as opioid and narcotic?
Yes Morphine is categorized as narcotic analgesic which works by binding to opioid receptors, which are present in the central and peripheral nervous system.