Information about Morphine
Morphine is used for moderate to severe pain.
How morphine works
Morphine is an opioid analgesic (pain reliever) which works by blocking transmission of pain signals to the brain to lower pain perception.
Common side effects of morphine
Headache, Dizziness, Sleepiness, Vomiting, Nausea, Constipation
Available Medicine for Morphine
- ₹34 to ₹62Modi Mundi Pharma Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹26Modi Mundi Pharma Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹55 to ₹110Sandor Orthopedics2 variant(s)
- ₹50Troikaa Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹35West-Coast Pharmaceutical Works Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹30 to ₹55Biological E Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹24 to ₹160Verve Healthcare Ltd5 variant(s)
Expert advice for Morphine
- Use Morphine as instructed by your doctor. Never take in greater amounts or more often than prescribed.
- It causes sleepiness or drowsiness. If this happens to you, do not drive or use machinery.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking the Morphine, as it may cause excessive sleepiness or drowsiness.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems.
- Store opioid pain relievers in a safe place and out of reach of others.
Frequently asked questions for Morphine
Q. Is there anything I need to be careful about while on therapy with Morphine?
Morphine may cause drowsiness and dizziness, especially in the beginning of the treatment. Do not drive or work with tools or machinery if your alertness is affected. It is not advisable to drink alcohol during treatment with this medicine as it might increase sleepiness.