Information about Zopiclone
Zopiclone is used in the treatment of insomnia.
How zopiclone works
Zopiclone belongs to a group of medicines called sedative-hypnotics. It works by slowing activity of the nerve cells in the brain and helps fall asleep.
Common side effects of zopiclone
Sleepiness, Dizziness, Uncoordinated body movements, Memory impairment, Nervousness, Dry mouth, Loss of appetite
Available Medicine for Zopiclone
- ₹86Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹46Unichem Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹45Zee Laboratories1 variant(s)
- ₹46Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹48Bal Pharma Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹36FDC Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Zopiclone
- Your doctor has prescribed Zopiclone to help you fall asleep faster and sleep for longer.
- Take Zopiclone once while going to bed and do not repeat in the same night.
- Not for long-term use as it can be habit-forming.
- Along with taking Zopiclone, follow simple tips to establish a sleep routine: Go to sleep and wake up at the same time each day; avoid drinking alcohol, smoking, or consuming coffee/tea four to six hours before going to bed; avoid large meal before bedtime; do not exercise right before going to bed; make sure the bedroom is quiet and dark; avoid daytime nap.
- Do not abruptly stop the medicine if you have been regularly using it.
Frequently asked questions for Zopiclone
Q. Is Zopiclone safe to take?
Zopiclone is safe if used at prescribed dose and duration as advised by your doctor.Please follow your doctor's advice regarding its use
Q. Is Zopiclone a benzodiazepine/narcotic/sedative?
Zopiclone is a sedative hypnotic and not a benzodiazepine/narcotic
Q. Is Zopiclone addictive?
Zopiclone is not addictive if used at prescribed dose and duration as advised by your doctor. However, consult your doctor if you develop addiction for Zopiclone
Q. Is Zopiclone like Valium?
Zopiclone is hypnotic drug different from Valium (diazepam) which belongs to group of medicines called benzodiazepines
Q. How long can I take Zopiclone for?
Patient can take Zopiclone for 4 weeks. However, it depends upon disease condition. Please follow your doctor's advice regarding its use
Q. Can I take zopiclone with mirtazapine/ sertraline/temazepam/ lorazepam/ Cymbalta (duloxetine)/ Xanax (alprazolam)/ tramadol?
Zopiclone in combination with mirtazapine/ sertraline/temazepam/ lorazepam/ Cymbalta (duloxetine)/ Xanax (alprazolam)/ tramadol may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating. Please follow your doctor's advice regarding its use
Q. Can I take zopiclone with beta blockers/ paracetamol/prednisolone?
Zopiclone can be taken in combination with beta blockers/ paracetamol/prednisolone as it does not cause any harmful reaction. Please follow your doctor's advice regarding its use
Q. Does Zopiclone reduce anxiety/relax you?
Zopiclone is used to treat insomnia (inability to sleep) which may reduce anxiety and help you to relax
Q. Does Zopiclone cause constipation/headache/high blood pressure/cancer/nausea/put on weight?
These side effects are rare or uncommon with Zopiclone use. Consult your doctor immediately if you experience one or more such symptoms and stop taking Zopiclone immediately.