Information about Zopiclone
Zopiclone is used in the treatment of insomnia.
How Zopiclone works
Zopiclone is a nonbenzodiazepine hypnotic. It has hypnotic and anxiolytic properties. It works by regulating the GABA receptor, thus relaxes the nerves and brain. This is how it helps you to fall asleep.
Common side effects of Zopiclone
Dizziness, Lightheadedness, Impaired coordination
Available Medicine for Zopiclone
ZopiconIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹86 to ₹1112 variant(s)
ZicloneBal Pharma Ltd
ZonapTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
DD CloneD D Pharmaceuticals
ZopicalmIkon Remedies Pvt Ltd
ZolinoxSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
ZopitranAlembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Expert advice for Zopiclone
- Your doctor has prescribed Zopiclone to help you fall asleep faster and sleep for longer.
- It is best taken without food as a high-fat meal can reduce its absorption and effect.
- Take it 30 to 45 minutes before bedtime and only when you have time to sleep for at least 7 hours.
- It makes you feel dizzy next morning. Don't drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how it affects you.
- It does not affect total sleep time. However, it reduces sleep onset time and frequent awakening at night.
- Never share your medication with any other person who also has a sleep problem.
- It may cause a bitter taste in your mouth or a dry mouth. Try sipping water and inform your doctor if it bothers you.
- Inform your doctor if your sleep doesn’t improve after 7 to 10 days of treatment.
- Stop taking medication and inform your doctor If you experience sleep driving or memory loss.
- Do not stop taking medication suddenly as it may lead to anxiety, mood changes, and restlessness.