Information about Codeine
Codeine is used for moderate to severe pain and dry cough.
How Codeine works
Codeine is an opioid analgesic (pain reliever) which works by blocking transmission of pain signals to the brain to lower pain perception.
Common side effects of Codeine
Headache, Dizziness, Sleepiness, Vomiting, Nausea, Constipation
Available Medicine for Codeine
AcicodAllied Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹19 to ₹842 variant(s)
Codine SulphateZydus Cadila
Codeine PhosphateZydus Cadila
MarkodinGlenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd
MontokufShreya Life Sciences Pvt Ltd
LincotussMacleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
Expert advice for Codeine
- Use Codeine as instructed by your doctor. Never take in greater amounts or more often than prescribed.
- It causes sleepiness or drowsiness. If this happens to you, do not drive or use machinery.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking the Codeine, as it may cause excessive sleepiness or drowsiness.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems.
- Store opioid pain relievers in a safe place and out of reach of others.