Medicine Overview of ZONIT CAPSULE
Uses of ZONIT CAPSULE
Zonit 25mg capsule is used in the treatment of epilepsy.
Side effects of ZONIT CAPSULE
Sleepiness, Decreased appetite, Nausea, Agitation, Headache, Dizziness.
How to use ZONIT CAPSULE
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It can be taken with or without food, but it is better to take Zonit 25mg capsule at a fixed time.
How ZONIT CAPSULE works
Zonit 25mg capsule control seizures or fits by suppressing the abnormal and excessive activity of the nerve cells in the brain.
In Depth Information on ZONIT CAPSULE
Expert advice for ZONIT CAPSULE
- If your child (<12 years old) has been prescribed with zonisamide, ask your doctor for necessary precautions, as they are at greater risk of reduced sweating, heat stroke, pneumonia and liver problems.
- Dress lightly during hot climates or when exercising and check carefully for signs of decreased sweating or heat stroke.
- Drink sufficient water while taking zonisamide to reduce the risk of kidney stones and heat strokes.
- Do not stop using zonisamide suddenly, even if you feel fine as stopping suddenly may cause increased seizures.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you develop serious and sometimes fatal skin reactions (Stevens-Johnson syndrome, toxic epidermal necrolysis), as zonisamide (sulfa medicine) is known to cause such side effects.
- Inform your doctor and seek medical advice if you develop any signs of suicidal thoughts or actions, depressed mood, anxious state, restlessness, irritable behavior or any unusual change in mood or behavior; high fever or long lasting fever.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as zonisamide may cause dizziness, drowsiness, or vision changes.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Special precautions for ZONIT 25MG CAPSULE
Zonit 25mg capsule may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness with alcohol.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Zonit 25mg capsule is unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor....
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
Zonit 25mg capsule is probably unsafe to use during breastfeeding. Please consult your doctor.
Caution is advised when driving or operating machinery.
Caution should be used in patients with renal impairment.
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
EPSOLIN 50MG/2ML INJECTION, BEETAL TABLET, EMGARD 30MG TABLET, ANTILEP 200MG TABLET CR
If you miss a dose of Zonisamide, skip it and continue with your normal schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for ZONIT 25MG CAPSULE
Frequently asked questions for Zonisamide
Q. Is zonisamide a controlled substance/ addictive/ Narcotic/ gluten free/ generic?
Yes, Zonisamide is a controlled drug. It is not an addictive or narcotic drug. It is gluten free and a generic drug
Q. Is zonisamide used for weight loss or migraines?
Zonisamide is not used to treat weight loss or migraines
Q. Can I take ibuprofen/prednisone with zonisamide?
Yes, Ibuprofen or prednisone can be taken with zonisamide
Q. Does zonisamide cause weight gain/ kidney stones/hair loss/ weight loss/ diarrhea/ depression/ constipation/feeling high?
Zonisamide commonly does not cause all the above mentioned side effects except depression. Please consult your doctor if you develop such side effects.