Medicine Overview of Zonit Capsule
Zonit 25mg Capsule is used in the treatment of epilepsy
Sleepiness, Decreased appetite, Nausea, Agitation, Headache, Dizziness.
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Zonit 25mg Capsule may be taken with or without food, but it is better to take it at a fixed time.
Zonit 25mg Capsule is an antiepileptic medication. It prevents seizures in patients with epilepsy by suppressing the abnormal and excessive activity of the nerve cells in the brain.
In Depth Information on Zonit Capsule
- If your child (<12 years old) has been prescribed with zonisamide, ask your doctor for necessary precautions, as they are at greater risk of reduced sweating, heat stroke, pneumonia and liver problems.
- Dress lightly during hot climates or when exercising and check carefully for signs of decreased sweating or heat stroke.
- Drink sufficient water while taking zonisamide to reduce the risk of kidney stones and heat strokes.
- Do not stop using zonisamide suddenly, even if you feel fine as stopping suddenly may cause increased seizures.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you develop serious and sometimes fatal skin reactions (Stevens-Johnson syndrome, toxic epidermal necrolysis), as zonisamide (sulfa medicine) is known to cause such side effects.
- Inform your doctor and seek medical advice if you develop any signs of suicidal thoughts or actions, depressed mood, anxious state, restlessness, irritable behavior or any unusual change in mood or behavior; high fever or long lasting fever.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as zonisamide may cause dizziness, drowsiness, or vision changes.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Zonit Capsule related warnings
Zonit 25mg Capsule may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness with alcohol.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Zonit 25mg Capsule is unsafe to use during pregnancy.
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
Zonit 25mg Capsule is probably unsafe to use during lactation.
Limited human data suggest that the drug could represent a significant risk to the baby.
Do not drive unless you are feeling well.
As Zonit 25mg Capsule may affect your concentration, ability to react/respond, and may make you feel sleepy, particularly at the beginning of your treatment or after your dose is increased.
Zonit 25mg Capsule should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Zonit 25mg Capsule may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Zonit 25mg Capsule should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Zonit 25mg Capsule may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Use of Zonit 25mg Capsule is not recommended in patients with severe liver disease.
If you miss a dose of Zonit 25mg Capsule, skip it and continue with your normal schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions about Zonit Capsule
Yes, Zonit is a controlled drug. It is not an addictive or narcotic drug. It is gluten free and a generic drug
Zonit is not used to treat weight loss or migraines
Q. Can I take ibuprofen/prednisone with zonisamide?
Yes, Ibuprofen or prednisone can be taken with zonisamide
Zonit commonly does not cause all the above mentioned side effects except depression. Please consult your doctor if you develop such side effects.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Taking Zonit with any of the following medicines can modify the effect of either of them and cause some undesirable side effects
Medicines with composition Phenobarbitone: Nytoin, Barbee, Gardenal, Fenobarb, Luminal, Beetal, Emgard, Phenotone, Epitan, Phenobarb, Luminalettes, Piplar, Phenobarbitone, Feni, Barbinol
Medicines with composition Phenytoin: Episol, Neptoin, C-Toin, Eptoin, Protoin, Pna, Seztin, Celetoin, Dilantin, Atoin, Phenos, M Toin, Phenykem, Epsod, Fentoin, Kiptoin, Solphen, Epicent, Phenytoin, Phentoin, Phetoin, Phalin, Eptokind, Phenyto S, Fentinol, Spentoin, Epsotal, Epilep, Epsolin
Medicines with composition Carbamazepine: Carbatol, Sterop, Antilep, Versizur, Carbazep, Mezocar LA, Tegrital, Majerol, Mezapin, Carbesta, Shitol, Ezapin, Mazetol, Epnil, Versitol, Zigma, Carbin, Carbacontin, Zeptol, Epilent, Acetol, Tegril, Seizurone, Zepcar, Mezaril, Seizurone OX, Zepin, Cizetol, Carmaz, Carbapa, Carbafen, Carmeg, Maze, Mazepine, Normapine, T Maz, Carbaford, Tazetol, Carz, Fobigone, Seizotol, Tegrital CR, Carbasure, Carbadac, Mezapine, Zen
One of the following vendor pharmacies will deliver Zonit 25mg Capsule: NNH, ATP, BIO, VRS, QTM, DLP, CHP, SBL, RWP, TNH, SBA, BLE, PWN, NVL, PRN, PNT, EMB, SHC, ESY, BTM, GPP, HGI, STA, EQN, LCC, KHH, BAL, HBV, ZEL, BMJ, MAK, MMS, RDR, THP, ZVP, HTS, QLF, P2P, DVH, RKS, RPP, PMA, MDH, USF, SJP, NSL, RPI, AMR, DYG, RHL, GTK, OWP, SPD, SYN, KMC, BHM, SHD, HZF, SDM, PLT, 9T9, GPT, INC, VDH, DAO, HEX, HMP, RJH, JVO, SCH, SVS, SRG, SLN, NTB, RUS, MSD, UMP, ARD, OHM, BHP, PTI, JIV, SWP, SWA, SGC, JSL, DFP, AYM, NXG, GBL, TRP, PPR, BAP, HIP, MAM, FGH, ENP, JVN, MDO, RHW, SSA, AAR, NAS, SHP, KHC, HSP, WHL, TOM, HNP, AYU, LHA, DGN, GTC, NDP, NVY, BDN, SVH, DHR, MAX, BBS, OIP, IPL, EVP, AGT, SAF, RSS, DPL, IAD, OLT, CLT, RDH, PVP, ADT, RSA, PEN, HAT, ATL, MPC, ABP, TFP, GHR, ANT, HPC, WSI, GNC, DPP, VNS, BSN, SGH, AAY, MLC