Information about Topiramate
Topiramate is used for epilepsy/seizures, Prevention of migraine and Lennox–Gastaut syndrome.
How Topiramate works
Topiramate is an antiepileptic medication. It controls seizures or fits by decreasing the abnormal and excessive activity of the nerve cells in the brain.
Common side effects of Topiramate
Abdominal pain, Diarrhea, Dizziness, Fatigue, Fever, Loss of appetite, Memory impairment, Nausea, Nervousness, Numbness, Paresthesia (tingling or pricking sensation), Psychomotor impairment, Sleepiness, Speech disorder, Taste change, Upper respiratory tract infection, Visual impairment, Weight loss
Available Medicine for Topiramate
₹98 to ₹4023 variant(s)
TopirolSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹29 to ₹2454 variant(s)
TopazIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹88 to ₹3304 variant(s)
TopirainTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹55 to ₹1072 variant(s)
TormapArinna Lifescience Pvt Ltd
₹73 to ₹1713 variant(s)
LeptomateLa Renon Healthcare Pvt Ltd
₹41 to ₹1423 variant(s)
EpitopMicro Labs Ltd
₹43 to ₹1083 variant(s)
TopamedIcon Life Sciences
₹52 to ₹1583 variant(s)
MonotopKivi Labs Ltd
₹45 to ₹1363 variant(s)
TopateTas Med India Pvt Ltd
₹42 to ₹802 variant(s)
Expert advice for Topiramate
- Take your medication regularly as directed by your doctor as missing doses can trigger seizures.
- Do not change the brand of your medicine and make sure that you have sufficient amount of medicine present with you.
- Some healthy tips to prevent seizures:
- Practice yoga every day.
- Get enough sleep at nighttime.
- Limit the use of screen time such as mobile/laptop.
- Take your medication on time.
- It may cause dizziness and sleepiness. Do not drive or do anything that requires mental focus until you know how it affects you.
- Keep yourself hydrated by drinking plenty of fluids throughout the day while taking Topiramate. This can reduce the risk of kidney stones.
- Monitor your weight during treatment with this medicine as it can cause weight gain.
- Talk to your doctor if you notice sudden mood changes or develop suicidal thoughts.
- Do not stop taking the medication suddenly without talking to your doctor as it may increase the seizure frequency.