Information about Carbamazepine
How carbamazepine works
Carbamazepine is an antiepileptic medication. It controls seizures or fits by decreasing the abnormal and excessive activity of the nerve cells in the brain.
Common side effects of carbamazepine
Skin rash, Nausea, Vomiting, Sleepiness, Dizziness, Fatigue, Coordination impaired, Decreased white blood cell count
Available Medicine for Carbamazepine
- ₹6 to ₹34Novartis India Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹15 to ₹39Novartis India Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹6 to ₹31Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd6 variant(s)
- ₹6 to ₹32Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd7 variant(s)
- ₹6 to ₹33Abbott6 variant(s)
- ₹6 to ₹31Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd5 variant(s)
- ₹15 to ₹29Micro Labs Ltd5 variant(s)
- ₹141 to ₹201Kinesis Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹7 to ₹30Crescent Therapeutics Ltd5 variant(s)
- ₹13 to ₹23Arinna Lifescience Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
Frequently asked questions for Carbamazepine
Q. Is Carbamazepine /Tegretol / Zeptol safe?
Carbamazepine is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Is Carbamazepine a controlled drug/ an opiate?
No. Carbamazepine is not a controlled drug or an opiate
Q. Is Carbamazepine an enzyme inducer?
Yes. It is an enzyme inducer. Please check with your doctor if you are taking other medications, which may get altered when taken together
Q. Is Carbamazepine an antidepressant/ MAOI/ benzodiazepine?
Carbamazepine is an antidepressant. It is not an MAOI or benzodiazepine
Q. Can I take paracetamol/ Tylenol/ tramadol/ ibuprofen/ Advil/ amoxicillin/ codeine/ Nyquil/naproxen/ oral contraceptives with carbamazepine?
All the above mentioned drugs may interact with carbamazepine. Please consult with your doctor before taking this medication. Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required
Q. Does Carbamazepine cause weight loss or weight gain/ hyponatremia/ help anxiety/depression/ gingival hyperplasia make you tired/ cause high blood pressure?
Carbamazepine causing the above mentioned side effects are commonly or rarely observed. It is not known to cause gingival hyperplasia and high blood pressure. Please consult your doctor if you experience such side effects.