Information about Zonisamide
Zonisamide is used in the treatment of Epilepsy/Seizures.
How Zonisamide works
Zonisamide is an antiepileptic medication. It prevents seizures in patients with epilepsy by suppressing the abnormal and excessive activity of the nerve cells in the brain.
Common side effects of Zonisamide
Dizziness, Loss of appetite, Memory impairment, Drowsiness, Impaired concentration, Altered walking, Impaired coordination, Anger
Available Medicine for Zonisamide
ZonegranEisai Pharmaceuticals India Pvt Ltd
ZonisepSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹43 to ₹1743 variant(s)
ZonimidIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹46 to ₹1733 variant(s)
₹57 to ₹922 variant(s)
CaesarEmcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd
AsmideAsterisk Laboratories India Pvt Ltd
₹82 to ₹1542 variant(s)
ZonitTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹26 to ₹953 variant(s)
Expert advice for Zonisamide
- Take your medication regularly as directed by your doctor as missing doses can trigger seizures.
- Do not change the brand of your medicine and make sure that you have sufficient amount of medicine present with you.
- Some healthy tips to prevent seizures:
- Take a healthy diet along with regular exercise.
- Practice yoga every day.
- Get enough sleep at nighttime.
- Limit the use of screen time such as mobile/ laptop.
- Take your medication on time.
- Do not drive or do anything that requires mental focus until you know how this medicine affects you.
- Drink plenty of water while taking Zonisamide to reduce the risk of kidney stones and heat stroke. Inform your doctor if you have sudden pain in your stomach, pain on urinating, or if you find blood in your urine.
- It may cause loss of appetite and weight. Monitor your weight regularly.
- Inform your doctor if you develop any unusual changes in mood or behavior, new or worsening depression, or suicidal thoughts or behavior.
- Do not stop taking the medication suddenly without talking to your doctor as it may increase the seizure frequency.