Information about Orlistat
Orlistat is used in obesity. It should be taken along with a low-calorie diet.
How orlistat works
Orlistat is a lipase inhibitor. It works in the stomach and small intestine by blocking the absorption of fat from food by blocking enzymes responsible for the breakdown of fat.
Common side effects of orlistat
Abdominal pain, Fat in stool , Bowel incontinence, Flatus with discharge, Oily spotting, Diarrhea, Abdominal cramp, Flatulence, Soft stools
Available Medicine for Orlistat
- ₹292 to ₹737Meyer Organics Pvt Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹359 to ₹598Lupin Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹179 to ₹360Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹50 to ₹250Mankind Pharma Ltd6 variant(s)
- ₹281 to ₹570Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹263 to ₹557Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹255 to ₹430Sinsan Pharmaceuticals2 variant(s)
- ₹266 to ₹457Eris Lifesciences Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹301 to ₹459Biocon2 variant(s)
- ₹277 to ₹501Franco-Indian Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Orlistat
- Orlistat is used to aid weight loss in obese individuals.
- It should be used along with regular physical activity and a healthy diet.
- Take it during or up to 1 hour after each meal.
- Skip your dose if you miss a meal or if your meal contains no fat.
- A multivitamin supplement containing vitamins A, D, and K is recommended when taking Orlistat.
- It should not be taken for longer than six months. If you have been unable to lose weight after 12 weeks of taking this medicine, you should stop taking it and consult your doctor.
Frequently asked questions for Orlistat
Q. What medicines should I avoid while taking Orlistat?
Orlistat can interact with several medicines. Taking other medicines along with Orlistat can either make Orlistat less effective or increase its side effect. Do not take any medicine without talking to your doctor.
Q. Will the use of Orlistat affect my fertility?
Orlistat is not know to affect fertility in males or females. However, talk to your doctor if you are facing fertility issues while taking this medicine.