Information about Fosphenytoin
Fosphenytoin is used in the treatment of Epilepsy/Seizures.
How Fosphenytoin works
Fosphenytoin is an antiepileptic medication. It controls seizures or fits by decreasing the abnormal and excessive activity of the nerve cells in the brain.
Common side effects of Fosphenytoin
Vomiting, Sleepiness, Dizziness, Itching, Impaired coordination, Nystagmus (involuntary eye movement)
Available Medicine for Fosphenytoin
₹76 to ₹3833 variant(s)
FosphenIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹51 to ₹2262 variant(s)
NeofostNeon Laboratories Ltd
RapitoinEmcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd
MilorgenRSM Kilitch Pharma Pvt Ltd
₹36 to ₹1672 variant(s)
FosentinSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹32 to ₹1512 variant(s)
Expert advice for Fosphenytoin
- It is given as an injection either into a vein (intravenously) or into a muscle (intramuscularly).
- Take your medication regularly as directed by your doctor as missing doses can trigger seizures.
- Do not change the brand of your medicine and make sure that you have sufficient amount of medicine present with you.
- Some healthy tips to prevent seizures:
- Practice yoga every day.
- Get enough sleep at nighttime.
- Limit the use of screen time such as mobile/laptop.
- Take your medication on time.
- It may cause dizziness and sleepiness. Do not drive or do anything that requires mental focus until you know how it affects you.
- It may increase blood sugar levels.Inform your doctor if you are taking any medicines to treat diabetes.
- Inform your doctor if you develop any unusual changes in mood or behavior, new or worsening depression, or suicidal thoughts or behavior.