Medicine Overview of Zonesta Capsule
Uses of Zonesta Capsule
Zonesta 10mg Capsule is used in the treatment of insomnia.
Side effects of Zonesta Capsule
Sleepiness, Dizziness, Uncoordinated body movements, Memory impairment, Nervousness, Headache.
How to use Zonesta Capsule
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It can be taken with or without food, but it is better to take Zonesta 10mg Capsule at a fixed time.
How Zonesta Capsule works
Zonesta 10mg capsule belongs to a group of medicines called sedative-hypnotics. It works by slowing activity of the nerve cells in the brain and helps fall asleep.
In Depth Information on Zonesta Capsule
Expert advice for Zonesta Capsule
- Inform your doctor if you suffering from sleep apnea (common disorder that causes breathing to stops while sleeping); lung disease such as asthma, bronchitis (inflammation of air passages), emphysema (lung disorder in which the flow of air to the lungs is blocked), chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD; lung disorder in which the flow of air to the lungs is blocked) or other breathing problems.
- Take special precautions if you have a history of depression, mental illness, or suicidal thoughts, drug or alcohol addiction.
- Never share this medicine with another person, especially with someone with a history of drug abuse or addiction. Take extreme caution while taking zaleplon as it can be habit-forming, even at regular doses.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you develop sleep-related behaviors such as driving a car (sleep-driving), walking (sleep-walking), having sex, making phone calls, or preparing and eating food while asleep or not fully awake.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as zaleplon makes you feel sleepy.
- Do not drink alcohol along with zaleplon as it may worsen its side effects.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or breastfeeding.
Special precautions for Zonesta 10mg Capsule
Zonesta 10mg Capsule may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness with alcohol.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Zonesta 10mg Capsule may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Zonesta 10mg Capsule is probably safe to use during lactatio+more
n. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby....
Zonesta 10mg Capsule may cause side effects which could affect your ability to drive.
Zonesta 10mg Capsule should be used with caution in patients with severe kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Zonesta 10mg Capsule may be needed. Please consult your doctor.+more
Limited information is available on the use of Zonesta 10mg Capsule in these patients. No dose adjustment is recommended in patients with mild to moderate kidney disease....
Limited information is available on the use of Zonesta 10mg Capsule in these patients. No dose adjustment is recommended in patients with mild to moderate kidney disease.
Zonesta 10mg Capsule should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Zonesta 10mg Capsule may be needed. Please consult your doctor.+more
Use of Zonesta 10mg Capsule is not recommended in patients with severe liver disease....
Use of Zonesta 10mg Capsule is not recommended in patients with severe liver disease.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Flutis 150mg Tablet, Onecan 400mg Tablet, Nixitral 100mg Capsule, Flugee 150mg Tablet
If you miss a dose of Zaleplon, skip it and continue with your normal schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for Zonesta 10mg Capsule
Frequently asked questions for Zaleplon
Zonesta is a hypnotic agent with a chemical structure unrelated to benzodiazepines
It does not contain aspirin
Yes, Zonesta is a controlled substance and can be addictive, even at regular doses
Zonesta is safe if used at prescribed dose and duration as advised by your doctor.Please follow your doctor's advice regarding its use
Q. Is zaleplon like zolpidem (Ambien)?
Zaleplon and zolpidem are hypnotics used for sleeplessness with unrelated chemical structure. Though they work by acting specifically on receptors in the brain called GABA-A receptors, their effects are different
Weight gain and hair loss are rare or uncommon side effects of Zonesta. Consult your doctor immediately if you experience one or more such symptoms and stop taking Zonesta immediately.
Substitutes for Zonesta Capsule
ZANLOP 10MG CAPSULE
Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
Zaso 10mg Capsule
Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Zalep 10mg Capsule
Stilnite 10mg Capsule
Zaplon 10mg Capsule
Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd