Information about Zaleplon
Zaleplon is used in the treatment of insomnia.
How zaleplon works
Zaleplon belongs to a group of medicines called sedative-hypnotics. It works by slowing activity of the nerve cells in the brain and helps fall asleep.
Common side effects of zaleplon
Sleepiness, Dizziness, Uncoordinated body movements, Memory impairment, Nervousness, Headache
Available Medicine for Zaleplon
- ₹36 to ₹62Zydus Cadila2 variant(s)
- ₹24 to ₹41Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹61Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹35 to ₹62Cipla Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹28 to ₹49Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹35 to ₹77Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹27Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Zaleplon
- Your doctor has prescribed Zaleplon to help you fall asleep faster and sleep for longer.
- Take Zaleplon once while going to bed and do not repeat in the same night.
- Not for long-term use as it can be habit-forming.
- Along with taking Zaleplon, follow simple tips to establish a sleep routine: Go to sleep and wake up at the same time each day; avoid drinking alcohol, smoking, or consuming coffee/tea four to six hours before going to bed; avoid large meal before bedtime; do not exercise right before going to bed; make sure the bedroom is quiet and dark; avoid daytime nap.
- Do not abruptly stop the medicine if you have been regularly using it.
Frequently asked questions for Zaleplon
Q. Is Zaleplon a benzodiazepine?
Zaleplon is a hypnotic agent with a chemical structure unrelated to benzodiazepines
Q. Does Zaleplon contain aspirin?
It does not contain aspirin
Q. Is Zaleplon addictive or a controlled substance or narcotic?
Yes, Zaleplon is a controlled substance and can be addictive, even at regular doses
Q. Is Zaleplon safe?
Zaleplon is safe if used at prescribed dose and duration as advised by your doctor.Please follow your doctor's advice regarding its use
Q. Is zaleplon like zolpidem (Ambien)?
Zaleplon and zolpidem are hypnotics used for sleeplessness with unrelated chemical structure. Though they work by acting specifically on receptors in the brain called GABA-A receptors, their effects are different
Q. Does Zaleplon cause weight gain or hair loss?
Weight gain and hair loss are rare or uncommon side effects of Zaleplon. Consult your doctor immediately if you experience one or more such symptoms and stop taking Zaleplon immediately.