food interaction for ZETICA
alcohol interaction for ZETICA
pregnancy interaction for ZETICA
lactation interaction for ZETICA
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for ZETICA
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for ZETICA
- EZEDOC 10 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Lupin LtdRs. 9.80/tabletRs. 98save 22% more per tablet
- EZENTIA 10 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 12/tabletRs. 120save 4% more per tablet
- ADILIP 10 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 11.95/tabletRs. 119.50save 4% more per tablet
- ZETEZE 10 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 7.20/tabletRs. 72.03save 42% more per tablet
- EZETIB 10MG TABLET(10 tablet in strip)Unichem Laboratories LtdRs. 5.90/tabletRs. 59save 53% more per tablet
- Dr. Hemant GandhiMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Balbir SinghMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Sanjeev ChoudharyMBBS, MD, DM, DNB, Fellowship
- Dr. Manjinder SandhuMBBS, MD, DNB, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Tapan GhoseMBBS, DNB, MD, DNB, Fellowship, Fellowship
Expert advice for ZETICA
- Do not start ezetimibe, if you are allergic to ezetimibe or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
- Do not start ezetimibe, if you have liver disease.
- Avoid taking ezetimibe during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- Do not start or continue ezetimibe, if you are taking medications like cyclosporine, warfarin, phenprocoumon, acenocoumarol or fluindione, colestyramine, fibrates.
- Ezetimibe can cause dizziness and, therefore, caution has to be taken before operating an automobile or machinery or engaging in activities requiring mental alertness and coordination.
Frequently asked questions for ZETICA
Q.Is ezetimibe a bile acid sequestrent /statin?
Ezetimibe belongs to a class of medication called as cholesterol absorption inhibitors. It is not a bile acid sequestrent or statin
Q.Is ezetimibe a generic drug / same as Ezetrol/Zetia?
Yes, ezetimibe is a generic name and Ezetrol/Zetia is the brand name of ezetimibe
Q.Is ezetimibe safe?
Ezetimibe is safe, if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.How does ezetimibe reduce cholesterol in the body?
Ezetimibe prevents the absorption of cholesterol from the intestine into the blood
Q.Does ezetimibe cause weight gain, muscle pain, cancer, lowers triglyceride, increase HDL?
Ezetimibe lowers triglyceride, increases the level of HDL in blood and has been found to reduce weight and cause muscle pain; however, cancer has not been reported.