Information about Bezafibrate
How bezafibrate works
Bezafibrate is a lipid lowering medication. It works by lowering the levels of triglycerides and "bad" cholesterol (LDL), while raising the levels of "good" cholesterol (HDL).
Common side effects of bezafibrate
Increased liver enzymes, Nausea, Flatulence, Abdominal pain, Diarrhea, Vomiting
Available Medicine for Bezafibrate
- ₹90Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹96 to ₹200Abbott2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Bezafibrate
- It should be taken with food.
- Avoid alcohol consumption while taking this medication.
- Your doctor may check your liver function before starting treatment and regularly thereafter. Notify your doctor if you are more tired than usual, do not feel hungry, or if you have yellow eyes, skin or dark urine.
- Inform your doctor if you experience muscle pain, tenderness, cramps, or weakness while taking Bezafibrate, particularly if it is accompanied by a fever.
- Do not discontinue Bezafibrate without consulting your doctor even if you feel better.
Frequently asked questions for Bezafibrate
Q. Is Bezafibrate a statin?
No. Bezafibrate is not a statin.