Information about Bezafibrate
How bezafibrate works
Bezafibrate is a lipid-lowering medication. It works by lowering the levels of triglycerides and "bad" cholesterol (LDL) while raising the levels of "good" cholesterol (HDL).
Common side effects of bezafibrate
Increased liver enzymes, Nausea, Flatulence, Abdominal pain, Diarrhoea, Vomiting
Available Medicine for Bezafibrate
- ₹90Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Bezafibrate
- Medication of choice for lowering triglyceride levels in the blood. Can reduce triglycerides by up to 50%.
- Take Bezafibrate half an hour before meals.
- Watch out for sudden muscle pain, fever, weakness, dark urine or yellow colour in your eyes or skin.
- Do not discontinue Bezafibrate without consulting your doctor even if you feel better.
- Regular exercise and low-fat diet further help to lower levels of fat in the blood.
- Avoid alcohol consumption (includes wine, beer, and liquor).
Frequently asked questions for Bezafibrate
Q. Is Bezafibrate a statin?
No. Bezafibrate is not a statin.