Information about Gemfibrozil
How Gemfibrozil works
Gemfibrozil is a lipid lowering medication. It works by lowering the levels of triglycerides and "bad" cholesterol (LDL), while raising the levels of "good" cholesterol (HDL).
Common side effects of Gemfibrozil
Increased liver enzymes, Vomiting, Nausea, Abdominal pain, Diarrhea, Flatulence
Available Medicine for Gemfibrozil
₹251 to ₹2752 variant(s)
TriglydMicro Labs Ltd
₹82 to ₹952 variant(s)
RegulipidDr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd
LosterolGnosis Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
OxipaceKanvas Biotech Ltd
LipigemTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Expert advice for Gemfibrozil
- It should be taken on an empty stomach or half an hour before a meal.
- Avoid alcohol consumption while taking this medication.
- Your doctor may check your liver function before starting treatment and regularly thereafter. Notify your doctor if you are more tired than usual, do not feel hungry, or if you have yellow eyes, skin or dark urine.
- Inform your doctor if you experience muscle pain, tenderness, cramps, or weakness while taking Gemfibrozil, particularly if it is accompanied by a fever.
- Do not discontinue Gemfibrozil without consulting your doctor even if you feel better.