food interaction for ZETEZE
alcohol interaction for ZETEZE
pregnancy interaction for ZETEZE
lactation interaction for ZETEZE
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for ZETEZE
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for ZETEZE
- EZEDOC 10 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Lupin LtdRs. 9.80/tabletRs. 98pay 36% more per tablet
- EZENTIA 10 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 12/tabletRs. 120pay 67% more per tablet
- ADILIP 10 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 11.95/tabletRs. 119.50pay 66% more per tablet
- EZETIB 10MG TABLET(10 tablet in strip)Unichem Laboratories LtdRs. 5.90/tabletRs. 59save 18% more per tablet
- ETIMIBE 10MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Dr Reddy's Laboratories LtdRs. 12.21/tabletRs. 122.11pay 70% more per tablet
- Dr. Rajneesh KapoorMBBS, MD, DNB
- Dr. Balbir SinghMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Sanjeev ChoudharyMBBS, MD, DM, DNB, Fellowship
- Dr. Monik MehtaMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
- Dr. Tapan GhoseMBBS, DNB, MD, DNB, Fellowship, Fellowship
Expert advice for ZETEZE
- Do not start ezetimibe, if you are allergic to ezetimibe or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
- Do not start ezetimibe, if you have liver disease.
- Avoid taking ezetimibe during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- Do not start or continue ezetimibe, if you are taking medications like cyclosporine, warfarin, phenprocoumon, acenocoumarol or fluindione, colestyramine, fibrates.
- Ezetimibe can cause dizziness and, therefore, caution has to be taken before operating an automobile or machinery or engaging in activities requiring mental alertness and coordination.
Frequently asked questions for ZETEZE
Q.Is ezetimibe a bile acid sequestrent /statin?
Ezetimibe belongs to a class of medication called as cholesterol absorption inhibitors. It is not a bile acid sequestrent or statin
Q.Is ezetimibe a generic drug / same as Ezetrol/Zetia?
Yes, ezetimibe is a generic name and Ezetrol/Zetia is the brand name of ezetimibe
Q.Is ezetimibe safe?
Ezetimibe is safe, if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.How does ezetimibe reduce cholesterol in the body?
Ezetimibe prevents the absorption of cholesterol from the intestine into the blood
Q.Does ezetimibe cause weight gain, muscle pain, cancer, lowers triglyceride, increase HDL?
Ezetimibe lowers triglyceride, increases the level of HDL in blood and has been found to reduce weight and cause muscle pain; however, cancer has not been reported.