food interaction for ZETALO
alcohol interaction for ZETALO
pregnancy interaction for ZETALO
lactation interaction for ZETALO
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for ZETALO
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for ZETALO
- CITALIN 5 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Linux LaboratoriesRs. 3.90/tabletRs. 39pay 15% more per tablet
- OLARC 5MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sigmund PromedicaRs. 3.04/tabletRs. 30.40save 10% more per tablet
- CIPAM S 5MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Tas Med India Pvt LtdRs. 3.37/tabletRs. 33.68same price
- VOCITA 5MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Shine Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 3.43/tabletRs. 34.28pay 1% more per tablet
- Dr. Neha Bansal
- Dr. Anurag MishraMBBS, MD
- Dr. Deepak RahejaMBBS, MD, Fellowship
- Dr. Anupama AhlawatMBBS
- Dr. Jyoti Kapoor MadanMBBS, DNB, Diploma, Fellowship
Expert advice for ZETALO
- Do not use an NSAID (nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug) with citalopram as this may cause bruising or bleeding.
- Continue to regularly report any new or worsening symptoms such as mood or behaviour changes, anxiety, panic attacks or even thoughts about suicide while you are using citalopram.
- You may experience increased anxiety/depression in the beginning of citalopram treatment, which will disappear during continued treatment.
- Do not stop using citalopram suddenly unless directed, or you could have unpleasant withdrawal symptoms.
- Do not drink alcohol while taking citalopram.
- Do not drive or operate machinery while using citalopram as it may cause sleepiness or dizziness and may impair your thinking or reactions.
Frequently asked questions for ZETALO
Q.What citalopram used for?
Citalopram is used in the treatment of depression and panic disorder
Q.Does citalopram cause weight gain/ high blood pressure/ headaches?
Citalopram may cause certain side effects such as headaches, high blood pressure and rarely rapid weight gain
Q.Does citalopram contain monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOI)?
Citalopram does not contain MAOI. However, citalopram should not be taken if a MAOI inhibitor is taken in the past 14 days, as it may cause dangerous drug interaction.