Medicine Overview of Zepdon Tablet
Uses of Zepdon Tablet
Zepdon 400mg Tablet is used in the treatment of HIV infection.
Side effects of Zepdon Tablet
Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Fatigue, Headache, Nausea, Dizziness, Muscle pain, Diarrhoea, Increased liver enzymes.
How to use Zepdon Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It can be taken with or without food, but it is better to take Zepdon 400mg Tablet at a fixed time.
How Zepdon Tablet works
Zepdon 400mg tablet is an antiviral medication. It prevents the multiplication of HIV virus in human cells. Thus stops the HIV virus from producing new viruses.
In Depth Information on Zepdon Tablet
Expert advice for Zepdon Tablet
- Do consult your doctor before taking raltegravir if you have phenylketonuria (a serious hereditary disorder), a medical history of depression or any psychiatric illness, severe liver disorders or muscle disorders (myopathy or rhabdomyolysis).
- Contact your doctor immediately if you notice stiffness, pain and difficulty in movement of joints or unexplained muscle pain, weakness and tenderness or notice signs of any infection such as fever while on treatment with raltegravir.
- Avoid taking antacids containing aluminum or magnesium within 2 hours before or 2 hours after you take raltegravir.
- Do not operate machines, drive or cycle if you feel dizzy after taking raltegravir.
- Raltegravir does not prevent the spread of HIV virus to others through blood or sexual contact. Take the required precautions to prevent transmission.
- Continue taking raltegravir even if you feel well, as skipping the medicine may worsen your condition and may lead to resistance to treatment.
- You must be aware that your body fat may increase or move to different areas of your body such as your breasts and upper back while on raltegravir therapy.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding. You must receive proper treatment for HIV to avoid passing of the infection to your baby.
Special precautions for Zepdon 400mg Tablet
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Zepdon 400mg Tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Zepdon 400mg Tablet is probably safe to use during lactation+more
. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby....
Zepdon 400mg Tablet may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tired,+more
or decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive....
Zepdon 400mg Tablet is safe to use in patients with kidney d+more
isease. No dose adjustment of Zepdon 400mg Tablet is recommended....
Zepdon 400mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients with severe liver disease. Dose adjustment of Zepdon 400mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor.+more
Limited information is available on the use of Zepdon 400mg Tablet in these patients. No dose adjustment is recommended in patients with mild to moderate liver disease....
Limited information is available on the use of Zepdon 400mg Tablet in these patients. No dose adjustment is recommended in patients with mild to moderate liver disease.
Frequently asked questions for Zepdon 400mg Tablet
Frequently asked questions for Raltegravir
Q. Is raltegravir a protease inhibitor?
No. Raltegravir is an anti HIV drug. It does not have any known inhibitory effect on enzyme protease
Zepdon is used for the treatment for human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection
How does Zepdon inhibit HIV viral replication?Zepdon works by inhibiting the action of an enzyme called integrase which is essential for the multiplication and survival of the virus (viral replication), thereby reducing HIV causing virus in the body.
User Submitted Feedback For Zepdon 400mg Tablet
Patients taking Zepdon 400mg Tablet
Twice A Day
Once A Day
How much was the improvement?
Please rate this medicine on price?
What are you using this medicine for?
Substitutes for Zepdon Tablet
Isentress 400mg Tablet
MSD Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd