Information about Phenobarbitone
Phenobarbitone is used in epilepsy/seizures.
How Phenobarbitone works
Phenobarbitone controls seizures or fits by increasing the action of GABA, a chemical messenger which suppresses the abnormal and excessive activity of the nerve cells in the brain.
Common side effects of Phenobarbitone
Drowsiness, Nausea, Diarrhea, Hyperactivity, Depression, Confusion, Decreased blood pressure, Fatigue, Headache, Dizziness, Constipation, Excitement, Hangover
Available Medicine for Phenobarbitone
₹40 to ₹1895 variant(s)
FenobarbSamarth Life Sciences Pvt Ltd
PiplarLark Laboratories Ltd
PhenobarbIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹8 to ₹112 variant(s)
NytoinA N Pharmacia
BarbinalBiochem Pharmaceutical Industries
₹9 to ₹182 variant(s)
₹3 to ₹52 variant(s)
EpitanReliance Formulation Pvt Ltd
₹9 to ₹152 variant(s)
GWest-Coast Pharmaceutical Works Ltd
₹12 to ₹3905 variant(s)
₹8 to ₹142 variant(s)
Expert advice for Phenobarbitone
- Phenobarbitone helps in treatment and prevention of seizures.
- It may be habit-forming with long-term use.
- Talk with your doctor if it stops working well. Do not take more than prescribed.
- It may make you very sleepy. Don't drive or do anything that requires mental focus until you know how it affects you.
- Inform your doctor if you notice pain in your joints or if you have a history of bone disease.
- Get regular blood tests done to monitor the amount of medication in your body.
- Talk to your doctor immediately if you notice skin rash accompanied with fever.
- Do not stop taking the medication suddenly without talking to your doctor.