Medicine Overview of Zaso Capsule
Uses of Zaso Capsule
Zaso 10mg Capsule is used in the treatment of insomnia.
Side effects of Zaso Capsule
Sleepiness, Dizziness, Uncoordinated body movements, Memory impairment, Nervousness, Headache.
How to use Zaso Capsule
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It can be taken with or without food, but it is better to take Zaso 10mg Capsule at a fixed time.
How Zaso Capsule works
Zaso 10mg capsule belongs to a group of medicines called sedative-hypnotics. It works by slowing activity of the nerve cells in the brain and helps fall asleep.
In Depth Information on Zaso Capsule
Expert advice for Zaso Capsule
- Inform your doctor if you suffering from sleep apnea (common disorder that causes breathing to stops while sleeping); lung disease such as asthma, bronchitis (inflammation of air passages), emphysema (lung disorder in which the flow of air to the lungs is blocked), chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD; lung disorder in which the flow of air to the lungs is blocked) or other breathing problems.
- Take special precautions if you have a history of depression, mental illness, or suicidal thoughts, drug or alcohol addiction.
- Never share this medicine with another person, especially with someone with a history of drug abuse or addiction. Take extreme caution while taking zaleplon as it can be habit-forming, even at regular doses.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you develop sleep-related behaviors such as driving a car (sleep-driving), walking (sleep-walking), having sex, making phone calls, or preparing and eating food while asleep or not fully awake.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as zaleplon makes you feel sleepy.
- Do not drink alcohol along with zaleplon as it may worsen its side effects.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or breastfeeding.
Special precautions for Zaso 10mg Capsule
Zaso 10mg Capsule may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness with alcohol.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Zaso 10mg Capsule may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Zaso 10mg Capsule should be used with caution during lactati+more
on. Breast feeding should be held until the treatment of the mother is completed and the drug is eliminated from her body....
Zaso 10mg Capsule may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tired, or+more
decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive....
Zaso 10mg Capsule is safe to use in patients with kidney disease. No dose adjustment of Zaso 10mg Capsule is recommended.+more
Caution should be advised in patients with severe renal impairment....
Caution should be advised in patients with severe renal impairment.
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Onabet Powder, Flugee 150mg Tablet, Canditz 100mg Capsule, Fixtral 100mg Capsule
If you miss a dose of Zaleplon, skip it and continue with your normal schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for Zaso 10mg Capsule
Frequently asked questions for Zaleplon
Zaso is a hypnotic agent with a chemical structure unrelated to benzodiazepines
It does not contain aspirin
Yes, Zaso is a controlled substance and can be addictive, even at regular doses
Zaso is safe if used at prescribed dose and duration as advised by your doctor.Please follow your doctor's advice regarding its use
Q. Is zaleplon like zolpidem (Ambien)?
Zaleplon and zolpidem are hypnotics used for sleeplessness with unrelated chemical structure. Though they work by acting specifically on receptors in the brain called GABA-A receptors, their effects are different
Weight gain and hair loss are rare or uncommon side effects of Zaso. Consult your doctor immediately if you experience one or more such symptoms and stop taking Zaso immediately.