food interaction for VIRITON
alcohol interaction for VIRITON
pregnancy interaction for VIRITON
lactation interaction for VIRITON
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for VIRITON
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for VIRITON
- EMPETUS 100 MG TABLET(30 tablets in strip)Emcure Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 32.60/tabletRs. 978pay 3% more per tablet
- RITOMUNE 100MG TABLET(60 tablets in bottle)Cipla LtdRs. 30/tabletRs. 1800save 5% more per tablet
- RITOMAX 100MG TABLET(30 tablets in strip)Alkem Laboratories LtdRs. 28.85/tabletRs. 865.38save 8% more per tablet
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Ashutosh ShuklaMBBS, MD, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
- Dr. P. R. AryanMBBS, Diploma
Expert advice for VIRITON
- Consult your doctor about taking the ritonavir if you had a history of hepatitis A or B, hemophilia, diabetes, erectile dysfunction, kidney disease, any kind of infection, stiffness or aches or pains in joints, weakness or pain or tenderness in muscles, light-headedness, dizziness, fainting episodes or abnormal heartbeat.
- Ritonavir tablets should always be taken with food.
- Use effective methods of contraception to avoid pregnancy.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as ritonavir can cause dizziness or sleepiness.
Frequently asked questions for VIRITON
Q.Is ritonavir a protease inhibitor?
Ritonavir, a protease inhibitor
Q.What is ritonavir used for?
It is used along with other medication for treating human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection. It does not completely cure HIV or AIDS
Q.How does ritonavir work and what does it inhibit?
Ritonavir belongs to a class of medication called protease inhibitors. It inhibits protease enzymes from breaking down proteins and thus prevents HIV from multiplying inside the body. It does not cure HIV completely but reduces the chances of getting acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS) and HIV related infections or cancer
Q.Why is ritonavir used along with lopinavir?
Ritonavir is available with lopinavir as a fixed dose combination as it improves the availability of lopinavir which helps in increasing activity against HIV
Q.Why is it used as a booster?
Ritonavir is used as a booster to increase the absorption of other protease inhibitors as well as prevent other protease inhibitors from being degraded.