Medicine Overview of Vilodon Tablet
Uses of Vilodon Tablet
Vilodon 40mg Tablet is used in the treatment of depression.
Side effects of Vilodon Tablet
Nausea, Vomiting, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Dizziness, Diarrhoea.
How to use Vilodon Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It is better to take Vilodon 40mg Tablet with food.
How Vilodon Tablet works
Vilodon 40mg tablet works in depression by increasing the levels of serotonin in the brain. Serotonin is one of the chemical messengers in the brain that helps in regulating mood.
In Depth Information on Vilodon Tablet
Expert advice for Vilodon Tablet
- Always take vilazodone along with food.
- Do not stop taking vilazodone, even if you feel better, without consulting your doctor.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you experience suicidal or violent thoughts, anxiety or panic attacks, unusual mood swings, restlessness, agitation, sleeping trouble, or unusually increased talking (manic attacks).
- Consult a doctor if you experience confusion, decreased coordination, fainting, hallucinations (apparent perception of something not present), headache, memory problems, mental or mood changes, fits, sluggishness, trouble concentrating, or weakness, muscle stiffness or tightness
- Tell your doctor if you have a history of suffering from low blood volume or blood pressure, low blood sodium levels, dehydration or you are on a low-salt (sodium) diet.
- Tell your doctor if you or your family member has a history of bipolar disorder (manic-depression) or other mental or mood problems, alcohol or substance abuse, or if you drink alcohol.
- Inform your doctor if you have liver or kidney problems, bleeding problems, increased eye pressure (glaucoma), or fits (seizures).
- Do not drive or use any machinery after taking vilazodone as it may cause dizziness.
- Do not consume alcohol when on treatment with vilazodone as it may worsen its side effects.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not use if you are allergic to vilazodone or any of its ingredients.
- Do not use if you are taking antidepressant medications like monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs)
Special precautions for Vilodon 40mg Tablet
Vilodon 40mg Tablet may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness with alcohol.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Vilodon 40mg Tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Vilodon 40mg Tablet is probably usafe to use during lactatio+more
n. Limited human data suggests that the drug could represent a significant risk to the baby....
Vilodon 40mg Tablet may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tired,+more
or decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive....
Vilodon 40mg Tablet is probably safe to use in patients with+more
kidney disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Vilodon 40mg Tablet may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor....
Vilodon 40mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients with severe liver disease. Dose adjustment of Vilodon 40mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor.+more
Limited information is available for use of Vilodon 40mg Tablet in these patients. No dose adjustment is recommended in patients with mild to moderate liver disease....
Limited information is available for use of Vilodon 40mg Tablet in these patients. No dose adjustment is recommended in patients with mild to moderate liver disease.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Cyblex 60mg XR Tablet, K Glim 1mg Tablet, Dianorm 40mg Tablet, Piopar 15mg Tablet
Frequently asked questions for Vilodon 40mg Tablet
User Submitted Feedback For Vilodon 40mg Tablet
Patients taking Vilodon 40mg Tablet
Once A Day
Twice A Day
What were the side-effects while using this medicine?
No Side Effect
How do you take this medicine?
How much was the improvement?
Please rate this medicine on price?
What are you using this medicine for?
Survey Participants: 1
“The following are the results of on-going survey on 1mg.com for Vilodon 40mg Tablet. These results only indicate the perceptions of the website users. Please base your medical decisions only on the advice of a doctor or a registered medical professional.”
One of the following vendor pharmacies will deliver Vilodon 40mg Tablet: RKS, RUS, DYG, MMS, KHH, DEL, PSP, DFP, SAF, GPT, WSI, BLP, NVL, AAY, AAR, OLT, NDP, RJH, HBV, OIP, DDR, BIO, HGI, SBL, DPP, BSN, PTS, MOM, JIV, SHM, PNT, STA, IPL, ENP, ADT, GNC, PEN, MPC, ATP, BTM, SAT, MAK, OWP, SHP, DLP, USF, AGT, SWA, HEX, SSA, NWP, OHM, GTC, LCC, ZVP, PLT, JMJ, EQN, RSS, RSA, EMB, RPP, LHA, SBA, RHW, SJP, ATL, FGH, MAX, GTK, BDN, 9T9, AYU, HIP
Substitutes for Vilodon Tablet
Valz 40mg Tablet
Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Vilarest 40mg Tablet
Neuvilaz 40mg Tablet
Unichem Laboratories Ltd
Vilamid 40mg Tablet
Vilano 40mg Tablet
Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd