Information about Vilazodone
Vilazodone is used in the treatment of depression.
How vilazodone works
Vilazodone works in depression by increasing the levels of serotonin in the brain. Serotonin is one of the chemical messengers in the brain that helps in regulating mood.
Common side effects of vilazodone
Nausea, Vomiting, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Dizziness, Diarrhoea
Available Medicine for Vilazodone
- ₹208 to ₹353Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹200Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹129Lupin Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹130 to ₹210MSN Laboratories2 variant(s)
- ₹191 to ₹324Alkem Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹139 to ₹219Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹214 to ₹358Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹216Micro Labs Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹191Unichem Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹136Cipla Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Vilazodone
- Always take vilazodone along with food.
- Do not stop taking vilazodone, even if you feel better, without consulting your doctor.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you experience suicidal or violent thoughts, anxiety or panic attacks, unusual mood swings, restlessness, agitation, sleeping trouble, or unusually increased talking (manic attacks).
- Consult a doctor if you experience confusion, decreased coordination, fainting, hallucinations (apparent perception of something not present), headache, memory problems, mental or mood changes, fits, sluggishness, trouble concentrating, or weakness, muscle stiffness or tightness
- Tell your doctor if you have a history of suffering from low blood volume or blood pressure, low blood sodium levels, dehydration or you are on a low-salt (sodium) diet.
- Tell your doctor if you or your family member has a history of bipolar disorder (manic-depression) or other mental or mood problems, alcohol or substance abuse, or if you drink alcohol.
- Inform your doctor if you have liver or kidney problems, bleeding problems, increased eye pressure (glaucoma), or fits (seizures).
- Do not drive or use any machinery after taking vilazodone as it may cause dizziness.
- Do not consume alcohol when on treatment with vilazodone as it may worsen its side effects.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not use if you are allergic to vilazodone or any of its ingredients.
- Do not use if you are taking antidepressant medications like monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs)
Frequently asked questions for Vilazodone
Q. Is Vilazodone a narcotic?
No, Vilazodone is not a narcotic
Q. Does Vilazodone help in anxiety?
Yes, Vilazodone helps in relieving anxiety symptoms in patients with generalized anxiety disorder (GAD).