Medicine Overview of Vilazine Tablet
Vilazine 20 mg Tablet is used in the treatment of depression
Side Effects of Vilazine are Nausea, Vomiting, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Dizziness, Diarrhoea.
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Vilazine 20 mg Tablet is to be taken with food.
Vilazine 20 mg Tablet works in depression by increasing the levels of serotonin in the brain. Serotonin is one of the chemical messengers in the brain that helps in regulating mood.
In Depth Information on Vilazine Tablet
- Always take vilazodone along with food.
- Do not stop taking vilazodone, even if you feel better, without consulting your doctor.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you experience suicidal or violent thoughts, anxiety or panic attacks, unusual mood swings, restlessness, agitation, sleeping trouble, or unusually increased talking (manic attacks).
- Consult a doctor if you experience confusion, decreased coordination, fainting, hallucinations (apparent perception of something not present), headache, memory problems, mental or mood changes, fits, sluggishness, trouble concentrating, or weakness, muscle stiffness or tightness
- Tell your doctor if you have a history of suffering from low blood volume or blood pressure, low blood sodium levels, dehydration or you are on a low-salt (sodium) diet.
- Tell your doctor if you or your family member has a history of bipolar disorder (manic-depression) or other mental or mood problems, alcohol or substance abuse, or if you drink alcohol.
- Inform your doctor if you have liver or kidney problems, bleeding problems, increased eye pressure (glaucoma), or fits (seizures).
- Do not drive or use any machinery after taking vilazodone as it may cause dizziness.
- Do not consume alcohol when on treatment with vilazodone as it may worsen its side effects.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not use if you are allergic to vilazodone or any of its ingredients.
- Do not use if you are taking antidepressant medications like monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs)
Vilazine Tablet related warnings
Vilazine 20 mg Tablet may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness with alcohol.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Vilazine 20 mg Tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Vilazine 20 mg Tablet is probably unsafe to use during lactation.
Limited human data suggest that the drug could represent a significant risk to the baby.
Vilazine 20 mg Tablet may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tired, or decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive.
Vilazine 20 mg Tablet is probably safe to use in patients with kidney disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Vilazine 20 mg Tablet may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor.
Vilazine 20 mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients with severe liver disease. Dose adjustment of Vilazine 20 mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Limited information is available for use of Vilazine 20 mg Tablet in these patients. No dose adjustment is recommended in patients with mild to moderate liver disease.
User Submitted Feedback For Vilazine 20 mg Tablet
Patients taking Vilazine 20 mg Tablet What were the side-effects while using Vilazine 20 mg Tablet?
Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping)
How do you take Vilazine Tablet? How much was the improvement? Please rate Vilazine 20 mg Tablet on price What are you using Vilazine Tablet for?
Survey Participants: 15
“The following are the results of on-going survey on 1mg.com for Vilazine 20 mg Tablet. These results only indicate the perceptions of the website users. Please base your medical decisions only on the advice of a doctor or a registered medical professional.”
Frequently asked questions about Vilazine Tablet
Q. Is Vilazine a narcotic?
No, Vilazine is not a narcotic
Q. Does Vilazine help in anxiety?
Yes, Vilazine helps in relieving anxiety symptoms in patients with generalized anxiety disorder (GAD).
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Taking Vilazine with any of the following medicines can modify the effect of either of them and cause some undesirable side effects
Medicines with composition Terfenadine: Terfed, Trexyl, Daylert
Medicines with composition Glipizide: Glunase, Glazulin, Egly, Libiz, M Diab, Glyson, Lipi, Glynase, Glytop, Glucotrol
Medicines with composition Chlorpropamide: Diabinese
Medicines with composition Pioglitazone: Piobest, Piokind, Piofine, Piowa, Geoglit, Pio Q, Pioz, Betapride, Opam, Glitaris
Medicines with composition Glibenclamide: No Gluco, Diabnil, D Con, Semi Daonil, Daonil, Semi-Euglucon, Aviglen, Glybovin, Gliconil, Diabetnil
Medicines with composition Gliclazide: Diabic, Glywin, Carryl, Glucoril, Glurob, Aliza, GZ, Diabezide, Monoglide, Betazide
Medicines with composition Repaglinide: Ripadep, Lunch ON, Page, Reglide, Rapamon, Repage, Eurepa, Rapilin, Repa, Novonorm
Medicines with composition Glimepiride: Euroglip, Pridex MG, Glimpee, Prideme, Glimpse, Glimipill, Sunglim, Sysril, Glydin, Glyde
Medicines with composition Rosiglitazone: Rezult, Windia, Rosicon, Senzia, Rositus, Roglin, Avandia
Medicines with composition Nateglinide: Natiz, Glinate, Natelide
Medicines with composition Tolbutamide: Told, Rastinon
Medicines with composition Methylphenidate: Addwize, Meth OD, Inspiral, Addwize OD, Concerta
Medicines with composition Tamsulosin: Tamocas, Tampros MR, Urivin, Temsunir, Prostop, Eaziflo, Orijet, Tamlocept, Contiflo Icon, Tamflo
One of the following vendor pharmacies will deliver Vilazine 20mg Tablet: IMC, ASP, DHR, WAD, DPL, BDN, GPP, IAD, MPC, NWP, SNG, WDE, EVP, OWP, IPL, RHL, SJP, RVC, KNH, HIP, TSS, MAX, SHC, GLD, TFP, SIO, CPK, RSS, PWN, DFP, MAK, GGL, SLN, SYN, MIP, MAP, BTM, SDE, RHW, VOP, ATP, NSL, UPA, BHS, BNT, BGS, GFL, AHP, KIM, STS, UMP, NTB, SCH, SCP, HTS, NVL, AVS, GTC, ABP, 1MH, BSN, VTR, KHH, PMA, PRN, AYM, MBP, HNP, GNC, HEX, MKS, PTP, NVY, ENP, WSI, PSF, BJR, SSS, MKT, ESY, MAM, CMC, NNP, DVH, IPP, EMB, USF, NLP, ALC, KMC, FRM, AAR, OIP, PRT, DAO, WHL, PTI, STA, RGH, SSI, GBL, QTM, JIV, EEC, SWP, SAA, SHD, VNS, MJT, PRC, TNH, VSL, RDH, BHM, BBN, LMS, SPF, CRN, JSL, VHP, DPP, SMS, WPL, SWA, HAT, RHS, PNT, SBN, PPR, BIO, RPP, PEN, PNQ, ADT, DYL, KIS, EQN, SHG, HWS, SHN, GLM, NAS, NLG, OMV, HGI, VDH, JJE, RSA, MLC, OLT, MDN, SVS, SNH, DYG, VRS, BJP, JVO, JBT, ARD, HSP, TAT, PLT, RDR, TRP, ZPR, AVB, FGH, ANS, ANT, FIP, HBV, XMX, NDP, EAN, YMI, JVN, AYN, QLF, LHP, RWP, DLY, BDI, VJS, ANP, BNC, MOM, CLT, BLE, TOM, OHM, AVL, AMH, DGN, BLS, HMP, BRC, LCC, SGC, MRS, VSC, ZVP, NXG, KHC, DLP, MDH, PHC, ZEL, RTL, HZF, AGT, MDI, SLC, SAF, RUS, BLP, APS, ALY, THP, DHP, AYU, LHA, PRL, SVH, BHA, AFT, AXM, HSM, BMJ, RAC, CMD, BBS, KLC, SBL, SMN, SGH, EPS, PHN, HPP, BNA, AAY, 4IT, WHP, BAL, MSD, DRA, BHP, UHP, PVP, RKS, OWN, NEO, INC, ATL, SPD, BAP, RRP, MDO, RPI, KHD, 9MM, HCP, NTL, UVD, AMR, BSL, SBA, DZY, OBS, GEO, GDA, SDM, GMA, GHR, NPH, JHC, SRG, HLT, HPC