Information about Terfenadine
Terfenadine is used in the treatment of allergic conditions.
How terfenadine works
Terfenadine is an antihistaminic medication. It treats allergy symptoms such as itching, swelling, and rashes by blocking the effects of a chemical messenger (histamine) in the body.
Common side effects of terfenadine
Nausea, Diarrhea, Headache, Stomach pain, Increased liver enzymes, Loss of appetite, Rash, Joint pain, Muscle pain
Available Medicine for Terfenadine
- ₹36Micro Labs Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹20 to ₹24Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹22 to ₹43Gufic Bioscience Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹21 to ₹23Cipla Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Terfenadine
- Your doctor has prescribed Terfenadine to help relieve allergy symptoms such as itching, swelling, and rashes.
- As compared to other similar medications, it is much less likely to make you feel sleepy.
- Be cautious while driving or doing anything that requires concentration as it can cause dizziness and sleepiness.
- Do not drink alcohol while taking this medication as it may cause increased sleepiness.
- Stop taking Terfenadine at least three days before taking an allergy test as it can affect the test results.
Frequently asked questions for Terfenadine
Q. Why is terfenadine banned?
Terfenadine is banned because of the fatal side effects it may cause.
Q. Is terfenadine the same as fexofenadine?
Terfenadine and fexofenadine are drugs of same class and used for allergic conditions