Information about Terfenadine
Terfenadine is used in the treatment of allergic disorders.
How terfenadine works
Terfenadine is an antihistaminic medication. It blocks the action of certain chemical messengers that are responsible for inflammation, congestion, itching, and other allergic reactions.
Common side effects of terfenadine
Available Medicine for Terfenadine
- ₹26 to ₹58Psycormedies2 variant(s)
- ₹36Micro Labs Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹20 to ₹24Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹21 to ₹23Cipla Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Terfenadine
• Tell your doctor if you have enlarged prostate or problems in urination.
• You may regularly monitored for change in potassium levels in your blood as it terfenadine is known to lower the levels of potassium
• Do not drive or operate machinery while taking terfenadine as it may cause dizziness.
• Should not be given to patients allergic to terfenadine or any of its ingredients.
Frequently asked questions for Terfenadine
Q. Why is terfenadine banned?
Terfenadine is banned because of the fatal side effects it may cause.
Q. Is terfenadine the same as fexofenadine?
Terfenadine and fexofenadine are drugs of same class and used for allergic conditions