Information about Terfenadine
Terfenadine is used in the treatment of allergic conditions.
How Terfenadine works
Terfenadine is an antihistaminic medication. It treats allergy symptoms such as itching, swelling, and rashes by blocking the effects of a chemical messenger (histamine) in the body.
Common side effects of Terfenadine
Nausea, Diarrhea, Headache, Stomach pain, Increased liver enzymes, Loss of appetite, Rash, Joint pain, Muscle pain
Expert advice for Terfenadine
- Your doctor has prescribed Terfenadine to help relieve allergy symptoms such as itching, swelling, and rashes.
- As compared to other similar medications, it is much less likely to make you feel sleepy.
- Be cautious while driving or doing anything that requires concentration as it can cause dizziness and sleepiness.
- Do not drink alcohol while taking this medication as it may cause increased sleepiness.
- Stop taking Terfenadine at least three days before taking an allergy test as it can affect the test results.