food interaction for VICTOZA
alcohol interaction for VICTOZA
pregnancy interaction for VICTOZA
lactation interaction for VICTOZA
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for VICTOZA
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for VICTOZA 0.6 MG INJECTION
Patients taking VICTOZA 0.6 MG INJECTION
- 94%Once A Day
- 2%Once A Week
- 2%Twice A Day
- 1%Twice A Month
- 1%Twice A Week
- 1%Thrice A week
SUBSTITUTES for VICTOZANo substitutes found
- Dr. T. Rajdev PatroMBBS, Diploma, Diploma, Diploma, DNB, Diploma, Fellowship, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Beena BansalMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Raman AbhiMBBS, MD
- Dr. Neelima MishraMBBS, MD
- Dr. Rajesh KumarMBBS, MD, Diploma, CCT
Expert advice for VICTOZA
- Type 2 diabetes can be controlled with a proper diet alone or a diet along with exercise. A planned diet and exercising are always important when you have diabetes, even when you are taking antidiabetic medicines.
- It should be injected under the skin and not into the veins or muscles.
- Liraglutide does not help patients who have type 1 diabetes.
- Use this medicine at any time within 60 minutes before your meal.
- Do not use this medicine after your meal.
- If you have severe problem with slow stomach emptying (gastroparesis) or food digestion, then the use of this medicine is not recommended.
Frequently asked questions for VICTOZA
Q.Is liraglutide insulin?
Liraglutide is not insulin
Q.what is liraglutide made from?
Liraglutide belongs to the class of drugs called incretin mimetics such as human-glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1).It is a synthetic (man-made) hormone which acts like GLP-1
Q.What is liraglutide used for?
It is used as an adjunct to diet and exercise to improve glycemic control in adults with type 2 diabetes
Q.Is liraglutide FDA approved?
Yes, it is approved by FDA
Q.Is liraglutide safe?
Liraglutide is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is liraglutide licensed/ approved with insulin?
Liraglutide is licensed/ approved with insulin
Q.Is liraglutide a biologic?
Liraglutide is not a biologic, it is a synthetic glucagon-like peptide-1
Q.Does liraglutide cause weight loss/ weight gain?
Liraglutide causes weight loss by reducing hunger and lowering energy intake
Q.How long does liraglutide take to work?
Liraglutide is absorbed in the blood as soon as it is injected and acts immediately.