Information about Liraglutide
Liraglutide is used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes.
How liraglutide works
Liraglutide is an anti-diabetic medication. It works by increasing the release of insulin from the pancreas, decreases hormones that raise blood sugar levels, slows down digestion and reduces appetite.
Common side effects of liraglutide
Headache, Nausea, Vomiting, Diarrhoea, Hypoglycaemia (low blood sugar level) in combination with insulin or sulphonylurea
Available Medicine for Liraglutide
- ₹4840Novo Nordisk India Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Liraglutide
- Inject in your belly, thighs, or the back of your upper arm, any time of day, with or without meals.
- If you miss a dose, you can take the medicine as soon as you remember provided there are at least 3 days (72 hours) until the next scheduled dose. If not, skip the missed dose.
- You may experience nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, or stomach pain, which may improve with time. Inform your doctor if these symptoms persist or worsen.
- To avoid nausea, eat smaller meals, replace fatty foods with bland foods like toast or rice, and include ginger-containing food or drinks in your diet.
- You can store the unopened pens in the refrigerator, or at room temperature for up to 14 days. Do not store in the freezer.
Frequently asked questions for Liraglutide
Q. Is Liraglutide insulin?
Liraglutide is not insulin
Q. what is Liraglutide made from?
Liraglutide belongs to the class of drugs called incretin mimetics such as human-glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1).It is a synthetic (man-made) hormone which acts like GLP-1
Q. What is Liraglutide used for?
It is used as an adjunct to diet and exercise to improve glycemic control in adults with type 2 diabetes
Q. Is Liraglutide FDA approved?
Yes, it is approved by FDA
Q. Is Liraglutide safe?
Liraglutide is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Is Liraglutide licensed/ approved with insulin?
Liraglutide is licensed/ approved with insulin
Q. Is Liraglutide a biologic?
Liraglutide is not a biologic, it is a synthetic glucagon-like peptide-1
Q. Does Liraglutide cause weight loss/ weight gain?
Liraglutide causes weight loss by reducing hunger and lowering energy intake
Q. How long does Liraglutide take to work?
Liraglutide is absorbed in the blood as soon as it is injected and acts immediately.