food interaction for TRAZOMET
alcohol interaction for TRAZOMET
pregnancy interaction for TRAZOMET
lactation interaction for TRAZOMET
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for TRAZOMET
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for TRAZOMET
- TRAZONIL 50 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 5/tabletRs. 50pay 109% more per tablet
- TRAZALON 50 MG TABLET(10 tablet in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 5.90/tabletRs. 59pay 146% more per tablet
- TRAZE 50 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)La PharmaceuticalsRs. 4.29/tabletRs. 42.90pay 79% more per tablet
- TRAZARIL 50MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Reliance Formulation Pvt LtdRs. 3.91/tabletRs. 39.07pay 63% more per tablet
- TRIDON 50MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Tripada Healthcare Pvt LtdRs. 3.14/tabletRs. 31.38pay 31% more per tablet
- Dr. Neha Bansal
- Dr. Kanika MehrotraMBBS
- Dr. Anurag MishraMBBS, MD
- Dr. Puneet DwevediMBBS, MD
- Dr. Jyoti Kapoor MadanMBBS, DNB, Diploma, Fellowship
Expert advice for TRAZOMET
- Trazodone takes time to start the antidepressant effect (about 2 weeks) and in the meantime, you may have suicidal thoughts and tendencies especially young people <25 years of age. Inform your doctor immediately as this may be a side effect of the drug.
- Elderly people are more likely to suffer from side effects of the drug.
- Inform your doctor if you have a history of fits or seizures, severe kidney or liver or heart problems, urinating problems, hyperthyroidism, an eye disorder called narrow angle glaucoma, schizophrenia or other mental disorders.
- Inform the doctor if you are about to undergo surgery or receive anesthesia.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as trazodone may cause sleepiness or dizziness.
- Do not drink alcohol while on therapy with trazodone as it may worsen the side effects.
- You should take trazodone at the same time every day in the late evening, preferably at bedtime, on an empty stomach. When discontinued, gradual dose reduction is recommended.
Frequently asked questions for TRAZOMET
Q.Is trazodone a mono amine oxidase inhibitor/ selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor/ opiate/ barbiturate/ anti cholinergic/ habit forming/ controlled substance?
Trazodone is not a mono amine oxidase inhibitor/ selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor/ opiate/ barbiturate/ anti cholinergic/ habit forming/ controlled substance
Q.Is trazodone taken for anxiety?
Trazodone is taken for anxiety and depression
Q.Is trazodone taken for sleep or pain?
Trazodone is not prescribed for sleep or pain relief
Q.Does trazodone have sulpha?
Trazodone does not have sulpha in it
Q.Does trazodone cause fluctuation in blood pressure/ diarrhea/ feeling high?
Trazodone may cause blood pressure fluctuations. It is not known to cause diarrhea/ feeling high
Q.Does trazodone cause anxiety or depression?
It is given for the treatment of anxiety and depression. Please consult your doctor for any observed side effects
Q.Can trazodone be taken with nyquil/ benadryl/ zoloft/ Cymbalta/ valium/ paxil/ flexeril/ melatonin/ xanax?
Trazodone cannot be taken with Nyquil/ Benadryl/ Zoloft/ Cymbalta/ valium/ paxil/ flexeril/ Xanax. Trazodone can be taken with melatonin. Please consult your doctor for any potential interaction.