Medicine Overview of Trazomet Tablet
Uses of Trazomet Tablet
Trazomet 100mg Tablet is used in the treatment of Depression.
Side effects of Trazomet Tablet
Sleepiness, Dizziness, Constipation, Blurred vision.
How to use Trazomet Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It is better to take Trazomet 100mg Tablet with food.
How Trazomet Tablet works
Trazomet 100mg tablet modulates the level of serotonin in the brain. Serotonin is a chemical messenger in the brain that helps in regulating the mood.
In Depth Information on Trazomet Tablet
Expert advice for Trazomet Tablet
- Trazodone takes time to start the antidepressant effect (about 2 weeks) and in the meantime, you may have suicidal thoughts and tendencies especially young people <25 years of age. Inform your doctor immediately as this may be a side effect of the drug.
- Elderly people are more likely to suffer from side effects of the drug.
- Inform your doctor if you have a history of fits or seizures, severe kidney or liver or heart problems, urinating problems, hyperthyroidism, an eye disorder called narrow angle glaucoma, schizophrenia or other mental disorders.
- Inform the doctor if you are about to undergo surgery or receive anesthesia.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as trazodone may cause sleepiness or dizziness.
- Do not drink alcohol while on therapy with trazodone as it may worsen the side effects.
- You should take trazodone at the same time every day in the late evening, preferably at bedtime, on an empty stomach. When discontinued, gradual dose reduction is recommended.
Special precautions for Trazomet 100mg Tablet
Trazomet 100mg Tablet may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness with alcohol.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Trazomet 100mg Tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Trazomet 100mg Tablet should be used with caution during lac+more
tation. Breast feeding should be held until the treatment of the mother is completed and the drug is eliminated from her body....
Trazomet 100mg Tablet may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tired, or decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive.+more
Caution is advised when driving or operating machinery....
Caution is advised when driving or operating machinery.
There is limited information available on the use of Trazome+more
t 100mg Tablet in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Onabet Powder, Flugee 150mg Tablet, Zathrin Redimix Suspension, PRATHAM 200MG REDIUSE SUSPENSION
If you miss a dose of Trazodone, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for Trazomet 100mg Tablet
Frequently asked questions for Trazodone
Q. Is trazodone a mono amine oxidase inhibitor/ selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor/ opiate/ barbiturate/ anti cholinergic/ habit forming/ controlled substance?
Trazodone is not a mono amine oxidase inhibitor/ selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor/ opiate/ barbiturate/ anti cholinergic/ habit forming/ controlled substance
Q. Is trazodone taken for anxiety?
Trazodone is taken for anxiety and depression
Q. Is trazodone taken for sleep or pain?
Trazodone is not prescribed for sleep or pain relief
Q. Does trazodone have sulpha?
Trazodone does not have sulpha in it
Q. Does trazodone cause fluctuation in blood pressure/ diarrhea/ feeling high?
Trazodone may cause blood pressure fluctuations. It is not known to cause diarrhea/ feeling high
Q. Does trazodone cause anxiety or depression?
It is given for the treatment of anxiety and depression. Please consult your doctor for any observed side effects
Q. Can trazodone be taken with nyquil/ benadryl/ zoloft/ Cymbalta/ valium/ paxil/ flexeril/ melatonin/ xanax?
Trazodone cannot be taken with Nyquil/ Benadryl/ Zoloft/ Cymbalta/ valium/ paxil/ flexeril/ Xanax. Trazodone can be taken with melatonin. Please consult your doctor for any potential interaction.
Substitutes for Trazomet Tablet
Trazaril 100mg Tablet
Reliance Formulation Pvt Ltd
Trazalon 100mg Tablet
Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
Razocon 100mg Tablet
Consern Pharma P Ltd
Traze 100mg Tablet
Trazonil 100mg Tablet
Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd