food interaction for TRAJENTA
alcohol interaction for TRAJENTA
pregnancy interaction for TRAJENTA
lactation interaction for TRAJENTA
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for TRAJENTA
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for TRAJENTA 5MG TABLET
Patients taking TRAJENTA 5MG TABLET
- 96%Once A Day
- 3%Twice A Day
- 1%Twice A Week
SUBSTITUTES for TRAJENTA
- ONDERO 5MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Lupin LtdRs. 45/tabletRs. 450same price
- Dr. T. Rajdev PatroMBBS, Diploma, Diploma, Diploma, DNB, Diploma, Fellowship, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Richa ChaturvediMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Rajesh KumarMBBS, MD, Diploma, CCT
- Dr. J. K. SharmaMBBS, MD, Fellowship, Fellowship, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Sanjay VermaMBBS, MD
Expert advice for TRAJENTA
- Type 2 diabetes can be controlled with a proper diet alone or a diet along with exercise. A planned diet and exercising are always important when you have diabetes, even when you are taking antidiabetic medicines.
- Notify your doctor if you have or ever had:
- A disease of the pancreas (such as pancreatitis).
- Gallstones, alcohol dependency or very high levels of triglycerides (a form of fat found in blood) in your blood. These medical conditions can increase your chance of getting pancreatitis.
- Type 1 diabetes.
- Diabetic ketoacidosis (a complication of diabetes with high blood sugar, rapid weight loss, nausea or vomiting)
- Any past or present kidney problems.
- An allergic reaction to Linagliptin
Frequently asked questions for TRAJENTA
Q.Is linagliptin better than sitagliptin?
Linagliptin and sitagliptin belong to same class of drugs (DPP-4 inhibitor) with similar action, but their effect may vary upon individual response
Q.Is linagliptin available in India?
Yes, linagliptin is available in India with brand name as Trajenta
Q.Is linagliptin generic?
Linagliptin is generic name; however, linagliptin is not available in a generic form
Q.Is linagliptin safe?
Linagliptin is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.How is linagliptin excreted?
Linagliptin is mainly excreted in stools and less in urine
Q.What is linagliptin and for which treatment used for?
Linagliptin belongs to a group of medications called dipeptidyl peptidase-4 (DPP-4) inhibitors, and used in addition to diet and exercise for the treatment of type-2 diabetes.