food interaction for THEORESP
alcohol interaction for THEORESP
pregnancy interaction for THEORESP
lactation interaction for THEORESP
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for THEORESP
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for THEORESP
- UNICONTIN E 400 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Modi Mundi Pharma Pvt LtdRs. 12.45/tabletRs. 124.50pay 183% more per tablet
- UNICONTIN E 400 MG TABLET(30 tablets in strip)Modi Mundi Pharma Pvt LtdRs. 12.55/tabletRs. 376.50pay 185% more per tablet
- OD PHYLLIN 400 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 0.75/tabletRs. 7.50save 83% more per tablet
- THEORESP PLUS 400 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Life Medicare & Biotech Pvt LtdRs. 5.50/tabletRs. 55pay 25% more per tablet
- ONIMAR 400 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Emcee Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 4.58/tabletRs. 45.81pay 4% more per tablet
- Dr. Khoobsurat NajmaMBBS
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Ashutosh ShuklaMBBS, MD, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Joy ChakrabortyMBBS, MD
Expert advice for THEORESP
- Do not drive, use machinery, or do any activity that requires alertness until you are sure you can perform such activities safely.
- If you develop a fever/flu-like symptoms while taking this medication, tell your doctor promptly. The dose of your medicine may need to be adjusted.
- Drinking or eating foods high in caffeine, like coffee, tea, cocoa, and chocolate, may increase the side effects caused by theophylline. Avoid large amounts of these substances while you are taking theophylline.
- Do not take theophylline if you are allergic to theophylline, similar medicines (eg, aminophylline), or xanthines (eg, caffeine).
- Consult your doctor before taking theophylline if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding.
- Consult your doctor before taking theophylline if you are in the last 3 months of pregnancy.
Frequently asked questions for THEORESP
Q.Is theophylline a steroid/ corticosteroid/ phosphodiesterase inhibitor/ stimulant/ antibiotic/ beta agonist/ bronchodilator/ used for COPD?
Theophylline (also available as Unicontin) is a xanthine derivative and a nonselective phosphodiesterase inhibitor. It is a stimulant; not an antibiotic or beta agonist. Theophylline is a bronchodilator and used to prevent and treat wheezing, shortness of breath, and chest tightness caused by asthma, chronic bronchitis, emphysema, and other lung diseases
Q.Does theophylline cause weight gain/ raise blood pressure/ weight loss/ insomnia/ tachycardia/ constipation/ hair loss?
Theophylline may cause increased heart rate, irregular heartbeat, insomnia. However, it is unlikely to cause weight gain, weight loss or hair loss. If any of the above side effects occur while taking theophylline, check with your doctor immediately
Q.Does theophylline need to weaned/ tapered?
No. Theophylline need not be weaned or tapered.