Information about Acyclovir
Acyclovir is used in the treatment of herpes labialis, genital herpes infection, chickenpox and herpes zoster.
How acyclovir works
Acyclovir is an antiviral medication. It prevents the multiplication of the virus in human cells. Thus stops the virus from producing new viruses.
Common side effects of acyclovir
Headache, Nausea, Vomiting, Dizziness, Fatigue, Diarrhoea, Abdominal pain, Skin rash, Fever
Available Medicine for Acyclovir
- ₹94 to ₹483Samarth Life Sciences Pvt Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹218 to ₹450Neon Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹471 to ₹655Troikaa Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹49 to ₹209Kivi Labs Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹48 to ₹86AGIO Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹78 to ₹187Veritaz Healthcare Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹124 to ₹365Eli Lilly and Company India Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹120 to ₹220Tripada Biotec Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹127Sumac Pharma Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹124 to ₹213Lincoln Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Acyclovir
- Always take the complete course of treatment, as advised by your doctor even if you feel better.
- Drink plenty of water while on treatment with Acyclovir. This helps to prevent kidney stone and kidney damage.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems. A dose of your medicine may need to be adjusted.
- You should not have sex if you have genital sores or blisters. If you're taking Acyclovir for herpes, you should use barrier methods (condoms) when you're having sex since you can still pass it on to other people, even if you're taking the medication.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for Acyclovir
Q. Is dydrogesterone same as progesterone?
No. Dydrogesterone is an artificially synthesized drug which is very similar to the naturally produced female hormone progesterone. Its action in the body is closely related to progesterone
Q. Is dydrogesterone safe?
Yes. Dydrogesterone is safe if used at the prescribed does for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Is dydrogesterone banned in USA?
No dydrogesterone is not banned by the US FDA (US- Food and Drug Administration)
Q. Is dydrogesterone a steroid?
Yes. Dydrogesterone has steroidal chemical structure which is very similar to the naturally produced steroidal female hormone progesterone
Q. Dydrogesterone is used for?
Dydrogesterone is used to treat conditions associated with low levels of female hormone progesterone. It may also be used in combination with estrogen drugs as a hormone replacement therapy in females at menopause (the time in a woman's life when her menstrual periods stop)
Q. Does dydrogesterone delay periods?
Yes. Delayed, irregular, painful and heavy menstrual periods are among the common side effects of dydrogesterone
Q. How does dydrogesterone work?
Dydrogesterone works by replacing female hormone progesterone in conditions where the body fails to produce sufficient amounts.