Information about Acyclovir
How Acyclovir works
Acyclovir is an antiviral medication. It prevents the multiplication of virus in human cells. This stops the virus from producing new viruses and clears up your infection.
Common side effects of Acyclovir
Headache, Dizziness, Vomiting, Nausea, Fatigue, Fever, Increased liver enzymes, Stomach pain, Diarrhea, Skin rash, Injection site reaction
Available Medicine for Acyclovir
₹48 to ₹51210 variant(s)
ZoviraxGlaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹37 to ₹5186 variant(s)
₹33 to ₹21210 variant(s)
HerpikindMankind Pharma Ltd
₹75 to ₹3284 variant(s)
HerperaxMicro Labs Ltd
₹42 to ₹3084 variant(s)
AxovirSamarth Life Sciences Pvt Ltd
₹94 to ₹5024 variant(s)
TrikaseEast India Pharmaceutical Works Ltd
₹50 to ₹2654 variant(s)
VirTroikaa Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹471 to ₹6542 variant(s)
UnivirUnited Biotech Pvt Ltd
NeoclovirNeon Laboratories Ltd
₹387 to ₹4452 variant(s)
Expert advice for Acyclovir
- Acyclovir helps in the treatment of herpes, chickenpox, and shingles.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better.
- Drink plenty of water while on treatment with this medicine. This helps to prevent dehydration and kidney damage.
- If you have genital herpes, use barrier methods (condoms) for contraception and avoid sexual contact while the sores are present.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.