food interaction for SPYE
alcohol interaction for SPYE
pregnancy interaction for SPYE
lactation interaction for SPYE
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for SPYE
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for SPYE
- ROVAMYCIN FORTE 3 MIU TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Abbott India LtdRs. 47.54/tabletRs. 475.40pay 26% more per tablet
- TOXOCARE 3 MIU TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Corona Remedies Pvt LtdRs. 46.50/tabletRs. 465pay 23% more per tablet
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. P. R. AryanMBBS, Diploma
- Dr. Kartavya ShahMBBS, DNB
Expert advice for SPYE
- Do not take spiramycin tablet/ capsule if you are allergic to spiramycin or any other ingredient of the tablet/ capsule or to any other medicine of this group called macrolide antibiotics (like erythromycin).
- Do not start or continue spiramycin if you have or had any liver disease; heart problems (like heart failure, slow heartbeat, prolonged QT interval in ECG) or anyone in your family has/ had certain heart problems (like prolonged QT interval in ECG or sudden death).
- Use of this medication for prolonged or repeated periods may result in oral thrush or a new vaginal yeast infection.
- Stop taking spiramycin and tell your doctor immediately if you experience any of these unlikely but serious side-effects like numbness and tingling of the skin, dark urine, yellowing of eyes or skin, severe pain in abdomen, persistent diarrhea, joint swelling or pain, unusual tiredness, severe dizziness, fainting, fast, slow, or irregular heartbeat, serious allergic reaction (rash, itching, swelling, severe dizziness, breathing problem).
Frequently asked questions for SPYE
Q.What is spiramycin metronidazole, and for what disease it is used?
It is a combination drug product which contains both spiramycin and metronidazole. It is used to treat dental abscess, cellulites of the jaw, inflammation of the gum tissue around molar teeth (pericoronitis), inflammation of the gum tissue (gingivitis), inflammation of the mouth and lips (stomatitis), inflammation of parotid glands (parotitis), inflammation of the submandibular salivary gland (submaxillaritis), and prevention of local, post-operation infectious complications following dental & oral surgery. Please consult your doctor before taking the drug.