Information about Spiramycin
How spiramycin works
Spiramycin is a macrolide antibiotic. It stops bacterial growth by inhibiting synthesis of essential proteins, which are required by bacteria to carry out vital functions.
Common side effects of spiramycin
Nausea, Vomiting, Abdominal pain, Diarrhoea, Allergy
Available Medicine for Spiramycin
- ₹475Abbott1 variant(s)
- ₹413Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹435Dahlia Pharmaceutical Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹435Cureill Pharma Pvt. Ltd.1 variant(s)
- ₹124Cipla Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Spiramycin
- Make sure you complete the course even if you start to feel better.
- Will not work for viral infections like cold and flu.
- Nausea and diarrhoea are common side effects. Inform your doctor if they do not go away or if you see blood or mucus in stools.
- Inform your doctor if you develop a rash or other unexpected symptoms.
Frequently asked questions for Spiramycin
Q. What is spiramycin metronidazole, and for what disease it is used?
It is a combination drug product which contains both spiramycin and metronidazole. It is used to treat dental abscess, cellulites of the jaw, inflammation of the gum tissue around molar teeth (pericoronitis), inflammation of the gum tissue (gingivitis), inflammation of the mouth and lips (stomatitis), inflammation of parotid glands (parotitis), inflammation of the submandibular salivary gland (submaxillaritis), and prevention of local, post-operation infectious complications following dental & oral surgery. Please consult your doctor before taking the drug.