Information about Spiramycin
Spiramycin is used in the treatment of toxoplasmosis during pregnancy.
How Spiramycin works
Spiramycin is an antibiotic. It works by preventing synthesis of essential proteins required by bacteria to carry out vital functions. Thus, it stops the bacteria from growing, and prevents the infection from spreading.
Common side effects of Spiramycin
Nausea, Vomiting, Abdominal pain, Diarrhea, Allergy
Available Medicine for Spiramycin
ToxocareCorona Remedies Pvt Ltd
MacromycinMacleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
SpiratoxDahlia Pharmaceutical Pvt Ltd
CuretoxCureill Pharma Pvt. Ltd.
Expert advice for Spiramycin
- Your doctor has prescribed Spiramycin to lower the risk of transmission of toxoplasma infection to your unborn child.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better.
- It is safe to use in the first trimester of pregnancy.
- Take it with food to avoid an upset stomach.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect but should stop when your course is complete. Inform your doctor if it doesn't stop or if you find blood in your stools.