Information about Astemizole
Astemizole is used in the treatment of allergy symptoms.
How astemizole works
Astemizole is an antihistaminic medication. It treats allergy symptoms such as such as itching, swelling, and rashes by blocking the effects of a chemical messenger (histamine) in the body.
Common side effects of astemizole
Available Medicine for Astemizole
- ₹3Micro Labs Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹13Pfizer Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹12Themis Medicare Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹16 to ₹23Zydus Cadila2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Astemizole
- Inform your doctor if you have asthma (difficulty in breathing) or any other lung disease, decreased potassium level in blood, known heart diseases, urinary retention or an enlarged prostate, kidney and liver disorder and heart disease.
- Inform your doctor if you are simultaneously receiving medicines for viral (including HIV), bacterial or fungal infection, malaria, depression, or sleeplessness.
- Do not drive or operate machinery while on this drug as it may cause dizziness.
- Do not consume alcohol when receiving astemizole as it may worsen the side effects.
- Do not consume this drug if you are allergic to astemizole or any of its ingredients.
- Do not consume this drug if you have heart rhythm disorders.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for Astemizole
Q. What is Astemizole used for?
Astemizole is used for the treatment allergic conditions causing runny nose, redness and watering of eyes, skin rashes, and allergic reactions to drugs and food.