Information about Astemizole
Astemizole is used in the treatment of allergic conditions.
How astemizole works
Astemizole is an antihistaminic medication. It treats allergy symptoms such as such as itching, swelling, and rashes by blocking the effects of a chemical messenger (histamine) in the body.
Common side effects of astemizole
Available Medicine for Astemizole
- ₹3Micro Labs Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹13Pfizer Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹12Themis Medicare Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹16 to ₹23Zydus Cadila2 variant(s)
- ₹21Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Astemizole
- Your doctor has prescribed Astemizole to help relieve allergy symptoms such as itching, swelling, and rashes.
- As compared to other similar medications, it is much less likely to make you feel sleepy.
- Be cautious while driving or doing anything that requires concentration as it can cause dizziness and sleepiness.
- Do not drink alcohol while taking this medication as it may cause increased sleepiness.
- Stop taking Astemizole at least three days before taking an allergy test as it can affect the test results.
Frequently asked questions for Astemizole
Q. What is Astemizole used for?
Astemizole is used for the treatment allergic conditions causing runny nose, redness and watering of eyes, skin rashes, and allergic reactions to drugs and food.