food interaction for SEROPRAM
alcohol interaction for SEROPRAM
pregnancy interaction for SEROPRAM
lactation interaction for SEROPRAM
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for SEROPRAM
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for SEROPRAM
- CITOPAM 20 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 8.80/tabletRs. 88pay 7% more per tablet
- CITALIN 20 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Linux LaboratoriesRs. 11.38/tabletRs. 113.75pay 38% more per tablet
- CITALENT 20 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Talent HealthcareRs. 7.20/tabletRs. 72save 13% more per tablet
- CIPAM S 20MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Tas Med India Pvt LtdRs. 7.14/tabletRs. 71.43save 13% more per tablet
- CITOLA 20MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)La PharmaceuticalsRs. 6.70/tabletRs. 67save 19% more per tablet
- Dr. Kanika MehrotraMBBS
- Dr. Samir ParikhMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Puneet DwevediMBBS, MD
- Dr. T. BansalMBBS
- Dr. Jyoti Kapoor MadanMBBS, DNB, Diploma, Fellowship
Expert advice for SEROPRAM
- Take Citalopram as prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not increase or decrease the dose without consulting the doctor.
- You may have to take Citalopram at least for 1 to 4 weeks or longer before you begin to feel better.
- Do not discontinue the use of Citalopram, unless the doctor has advised you. This may increase the chances of side effects.
- Do not take Citalopram within 14 days of taking MAO-Inhibitor (antidepressant drugs), as you may develop increased blood pressure and convulsions.
- Avoid driving after taking Citalopram as it may cause drowsiness, dizziness and confusion.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking Citalopram, it may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness.
- Notify your doctor if you feel unusually agitated, irritable, or have thoughts about hurting or killing yourself.
Frequently asked questions for SEROPRAM
Q.What citalopram used for?
Citalopram is used in the treatment of depression and panic disorder
Q.Does citalopram cause weight gain/ high blood pressure/ headaches?
Citalopram may cause certain side effects such as headaches, high blood pressure and rarely rapid weight gain
Q.Does citalopram contain monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOI)?
Citalopram does not contain MAOI. However, citalopram should not be taken if a MAOI inhibitor is taken in the past 14 days, as it may cause dangerous drug interaction.