food interaction for RISOFOS
alcohol interaction for RISOFOS
pregnancy interaction for RISOFOS
lactation interaction for RISOFOS
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for RISOFOS
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for RISOFOS 150 MG TABLET
Patients taking RISOFOS 150 MG TABLET
- 86%Once A Month
- 10%Once A Day
- 5%Once A Week
SUBSTITUTES for RISOFOS
- GEMFOS 150 MG TABLET(4 tablets in strip)Alkem Laboratories LtdRs. 49.75/tabletRs. 199save 75% more per tablet
- Dr. Dharmendra SinghMBBS, Diploma, DNB, Fellowship
- Dr. Arun BhanotMBBS, MS, Fellowship
- Dr. Arvind MehraMBBS, MS
- Dr. Neeraj YadavMBBS, MS, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. Sanjay VermaMBBS, MS, Diploma, MCh
Expert advice for RISOFOS
- Do not take risedronate tablet if you are allergic to risedronate or any of the other ingredients.
- Do not take risedronate if you have a low blood calcium level (hypocalcaemia).
- Avoid using risedronate if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Do not start or continue risedronate if you have deficiency of vitamin D or parathyroid hormone that may lower blood calcium levels and cause weakening of bones.
- Do not start or continue risedronate if you have or had problems in the past with your food-pipe that makes swallowing difficult, or you have been told that you have a pre-cancerous condition of the food-pipe; pain, swelling or numbness of the jaw or a “heavy jaw feeling” or loosening of a tooth.
Frequently asked questions for RISOFOS
Q.Is risedronate a generic drug?
Yes, risedronate is available as generic drug
Q.Is risedronate safe?
Residronate is safe, if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Does risedronate cause weight gain?
No clinically observable effect on weight has been reported for risedronate
Q.What is risedronate sodium?
Risedronate belongs to a class of medication called as bisphosphonates. It acts by slowing bone breakdown process, increasing bone density (thickness), and decreasing the amount of calcium released from the bones into the blood
Q.How does risedronate work?
Risedronate works by slowing bone breakdown process, increasing bone density (thickness), and decreasing the amount of calcium released from the bones into the blood.
Q.What is risedronate prescribed for?
Risedronate is prescribed for treatment of Paget’s disease and osteoporosis in men and post-menopausal women.