food interaction for RIAX
alcohol interaction for RIAX
pregnancy interaction for RIAX
lactation interaction for RIAX
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for RIAX
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for RIAX
- ONGLYZA 2.5 MG TABLET(28 tablets in strip)Astra ZenecaRs. 39/tabletRs. 1092same price
- Dr. Atul LuthraMBBS, MD, DNB
- Dr. Manoj KumarMBBS, MD, Certification
- Dr. Raman AbhiMBBS, MD
- Dr. Neelima MishraMBBS, MD
- Dr. J. K. SharmaMBBS, MD, Fellowship, Fellowship, Fellowship, Fellowship
Expert advice for RIAX
- If you have allergy to saxagliptin.
- If you have type 1 diabetes or if you have serious complication of diabetes where high levels of blood acids called ketones are produced in your body (diabetic ketoacidosis).
- If you are taking insulin or other antidiabetic drug known as a sulphonylurea, your doctor may reduce the dose of your medicines, as it may otherwise cause excessively low blood glucose (hypoglycemia).
- If you have severe liver disease, kidney disease or heart failure.
- If you suffer from a disease like AIDS or have undergone organ transplant.
- If you have or have had a disease of the pancreas.
- If you are taking, have recently taken or might take any other medicines for treatment of fits, chronic pain, any infection, or high blood pressure.
Frequently asked questions for RIAX
Q.Does saxagliptin/Onglyza cause weight loss/ weight gain?
Onglyza is the trade name for saxagliptin. Saxagliptin/Onglyza does not cause weight loss/reduction. Saxagliptin/ Onglyza does not cause any apparent change in body weight
Q.Does Kombiglyze cause weight loss (reduction)?
Kombiglyze is trade name for the combination of medicines saxagliptin and metformin. Weight loss is one of the side effect of Kombiglyze; the metformin component present in Kombiglyze may be responsible for the same. Please note, Kombiglyze is not a weight-loss drug
Q.Does saxagliptin/Kombiglyze cause constipation?
Kombiglyze is trade name for the combination of medicines saxagliptin and metformin.. Saxagliptin/Kombiglyze does not cause constipation
Q.Does saxagliptin/ Kombiglyze cause diarrhea?
Kombiglyze is trade name for the combination of medicines saxagliptin and metformin. Saxagliptin/ Kombiglyze may cause diarrhea
Q.Does saxagliptin/Kombiglyze cause hair loss?
Kombiglyze is trade name for the combination of medicines saxagliptin and metformin. Saxagliptin/Kombiglyze does not cause hair loss
Q.Does Onglyza have a generic?
Onglyza is the trade name of the active drug saxagliptin. Saxagliptin is not available in a generic form
Q.Does Onglyza contain metformin?
No. It only contains saxagliptin as an active drug
Q.Does saxagliptin/Onglyza/ Kombiglyze cause cancer?
Onglyza is a trade name for medicine saxagliptin. Kombiglyze is trade name for the combination of medicines saxagliptin and metformin. Saxagliptin/Onglyza/ Kombiglyze has neither reported to cause any cancer, nor has any potential to cause cancer.