food interaction for REMICADE
alcohol interaction for REMICADE
pregnancy interaction for REMICADE
lactation interaction for REMICADE
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR REMICADE
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR REMICADE
- INFIMAB 100MG INJECTION(1 ML injection in vial)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 32000/ML of injectionRs. 32000pay 680% more per ML of injection
Expert advice FOR REMICADE
- Do not start infliximab if you have infection, abnormal skin opening (fistulae), any serious heart, lung or neurological disease, in past tuberculosis or fungal infection, cancer, are heavy smoker, recently had vaccine or BCG instillation for treatment of cancer, have taken infliximab in past.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you get signs of infection including fever, cough, flu-like signs, red or hot skin, wounds or dental problems, feel unwell, allergic reaction, suffer from heart, liver, lung or nervous system problems, immune system disorder called lupus, low blood count.
- Make sure that your child has taken all vaccinations before taking infliximab.
- Use effective contraceptive measures while on infliximab treatment.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machineries if you feel dizzy after taking infliximab.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions FOR REMICADE
Q. Is infliximab a disease modifying antirheumatic drug, a steroid, chemo drug?
Yes infliximab is a disease modifying antirheumatic drug. It is not a steroid or chemo drug
Q. Is infliximab dangerous/hazardous or safe?
Infliximab is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Can I take antibiotics with infliximab?
Infliximab may interact with antibiotic. Do consult your doctor before you take antibiotic while on infliximab treatment
Q. Does infliximab cause weight gain, hair loss, make you tired, affect fertility?
Yes, infliximab can cause weight gain, hair loss and make you tired. Infliximab does not affect fertility
Q. Does infliximab cause cancer?
Infliximab can increase the risk of developing cancer.