Medicine Overview of Qutin Tablet
Side effects of Qutin Tablet
Headache, Dystonia, Sleepiness, Parkinsonism, Akathisia, Dizziness, Decreased haemoglobin level in blood, Weight gain, Increased triglyceride level in blood.
How to use Qutin Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Qutin 25mg Tablet is to be taken empty stomach.
How Qutin Tablet works
Qutin 25mg tablet is an atypical antipsychotic. It works by modulating the action of certain chemical messengers in the brain that affect thoughts.
In Depth Information on Qutin Tablet
Expert advice for Qutin Tablet
- Do not take quetiapine if you have allergy to quetiapine or any of the ingredients of the medicine.
- Do check your weight at regular intervals as quetiapine is known to cause weight gain.
- Do not drive or use any tools or machines unless you know how quetiapine affect you; this is because quetiapine is known cause sleepiness.
- Do not stop quetiapine abruptly; do inform your doctor as he/she would decide and reduce the dose gradually for 1 to 2 weeks before stopping.
- Do get your blood checked at regular intervals, as suggested by your doctor, as many of the side-effects of quetiapine are noted only when a blood test is done.
- Do inform your doctor if you are going for urine drug screening. This is because your urine may cause positive results for methadone or certain drugs for depression called tricyclic antidepressants (TCAs) when some test methods are used, even though you may not be taking methadone or TCAs. Hence, a different test method may be used for you.
- Take special precaution if you suffer from have ever suffered any brain damage or coma, epilepsy or convulsions; muscle weakness (a disease called myasthenia gravis).
- Take special precaution while taking quetiapine if you observe symptoms of neuroleptic malignant syndrome (a combination of fever, severe muscle stiffness, sweating or a lowered level of consciousness); long-lasting and painful erection (priapism); uncontrollable movements (mainly of your face or tongue), fits, suicidal thoughts, or dizziness.
- Quetiapine is not recommended in children and adolescents below 18 years of age.
Special precautions for Qutin 25mg Tablet
Qutin 25mg Tablet may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness with alcohol.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Qutin 25mg Tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Qutin 25mg Tablet is probably usafe to use during lactation.+more
Limited human data suggests that the drug could represent a significant risk to the baby....
Qutin 25mg Tablet may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tired, or+more
decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive....
Qutin 25mg Tablet is probably safe to use in patients with k+more
idney disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Qutin 25mg Tablet may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor....
Qutin 25mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients wi+more
th liver disease. Dose adjustment of Qutin 25mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor....
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Itragreat 200mg Capsule, Itragreat 100mg Capsule, Flutis 150mg Tablet, Onecan 400mg Tablet
Frequently asked questions for Qutin 25mg Tablet
Frequently asked questions for Quetiapine
Q. Can I take Seroquel for sleep/ anxiety?
No, Seroquel is used to treat symptoms of schizophrenia, mania, depression associated with bipolar disorder, and major depressive disorder
Q. Can I take Seroquel forever?
No, you should take Seroquel as prescribed your doctor
Yes, Seroquel is the trade name for the active ingredient Qutin
Qutin is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
No, Qutin is not a narcotic/ Benzo/ Benzodiazepine; it belongs to a group of medications called antipsychotic agent
Qutin is not a sedative drug; however, sedation is a known side effect of this drug
No, Qutin is not an addictive drug
No, Qutin belongs to a group of medications called antipsychotic agent.
User Submitted Feedback For Qutin 25mg Tablet
Patients taking Qutin 25mg Tablet
Once A Day
What were the side-effects while using this medicine?
How do you take this medicine?
How much was the improvement?
Please rate this medicine on price?
What are you using this medicine for?
Survey Participants: 1
“The following are the results of on-going survey on 1mg.com for Qutin 25mg Tablet. These results only indicate the perceptions of the website users. Please base your medical decisions only on the advice of a doctor or a registered medical professional.”
Substitutes for Qutin Tablet
Q-Pin 25mg Tablet
Alkem Laboratories Ltd
Quetigress 25mg Tablet
La Renon Healthcare Pvt Ltd
Q-Mind 25mg Tablet
Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Qutan 25mg Tablet
Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Q-Vora 25mg Tablet
Kriven Health Solutions