Medicine Overview of Quel Tablet
Side effects of Quel Tablet
Headache, Dystonia, Sleepiness, Parkinsonism, Akathisia, Dizziness, Decreased haemoglobin level in blood, Weight gain, Increased triglyceride level in blood.
How to use Quel Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It is better to take Quel 25mg Tablet empty stomach (1 hour before food or 2 hours after food).
How Quel Tablet works
Quel 25mg tablet is an atypical antipsychotic. It works by modulating the action of certain chemical messengers in the brain that affect thoughts.
In Depth Information on Quel Tablet
Expert advice for Quel Tablet
- Do not take quetiapine if you have allergy to quetiapine or any of the ingredients of the medicine.
- Do check your weight at regular intervals as quetiapine is known to cause weight gain.
- Do not drive or use any tools or machines unless you know how quetiapine affect you; this is because quetiapine is known cause sleepiness.
- Do not stop quetiapine abruptly; do inform your doctor as he/she would decide and reduce the dose gradually for 1 to 2 weeks before stopping.
- Do get your blood checked at regular intervals, as suggested by your doctor, as many of the side-effects of quetiapine are noted only when a blood test is done.
- Do inform your doctor if you are going for urine drug screening. This is because your urine may cause positive results for methadone or certain drugs for depression called tricyclic antidepressants (TCAs) when some test methods are used, even though you may not be taking methadone or TCAs. Hence, a different test method may be used for you.
- Take special precaution if you suffer from have ever suffered any brain damage or coma, epilepsy or convulsions; muscle weakness (a disease called myasthenia gravis).
- Take special precaution while taking quetiapine if you observe symptoms of neuroleptic malignant syndrome (a combination of fever, severe muscle stiffness, sweating or a lowered level of consciousness); long-lasting and painful erection (priapism); uncontrollable movements (mainly of your face or tongue), fits, suicidal thoughts, or dizziness.
- Quetiapine is not recommended in children and adolescents below 18 years of age.
Special precautions for Quel 25mg Tablet
Quel 25mg Tablet may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness with alcohol.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Quel 25mg Tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Quel 25mg Tablet is probably usafe to use during lactation.+more
Limited human data suggests that the drug could represent a significant risk to the baby....
Quel 25mg Tablet may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tired, or+more
decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive....
Quel 25mg Tablet is probably safe to use in patients with ki+more
dney disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Quel 25mg Tablet may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor....
Quel 25mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients wit+more
h liver disease. Dose adjustment of Quel 25mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor....
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Flutis 150mg Tablet, Onecan 400mg Tablet, Onitraz 100mg Capsule, Nixitral 100mg Capsule
Frequently asked questions for Quel 25mg Tablet
Frequently asked questions for Quetiapine
Q. Can I take Seroquel for sleep/ anxiety?
No, Seroquel is used to treat symptoms of schizophrenia, mania, depression associated with bipolar disorder, and major depressive disorder
Q. Can I take Seroquel forever?
No, you should take Seroquel as prescribed your doctor
Yes, Seroquel is the trade name for the active ingredient Quel
Quel is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
No, Quel is not a narcotic/ Benzo/ Benzodiazepine; it belongs to a group of medications called antipsychotic agent
Quel is not a sedative drug; however, sedation is a known side effect of this drug
No, Quel is not an addictive drug
No, Quel belongs to a group of medications called antipsychotic agent.
User Submitted Feedback For Quel 25mg Tablet
Patients taking Quel 25mg Tablet
Once A Day
Twice A Day
Thrice A Day
Thrice A week
What were the side-effects while using this medicine?
No Side Effect
How do you take this medicine?
How much was the improvement?
Please rate this medicine on price?
What are you using this medicine for?
Survey Participants: 5
“The following are the results of on-going survey on 1mg.com for Quel 25mg Tablet. These results only indicate the perceptions of the website users. Please base your medical decisions only on the advice of a doctor or a registered medical professional.”
Substitutes for Quel Tablet
Q Pin 25mg Tablet
Alkem Laboratories Ltd
Quetigress 25mg Tablet
La Renon Healthcare Pvt Ltd
Q-Mind 25mg Tablet
Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Qutan 25mg Tablet
Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Q Vora 25mg Tablet
Kriven Health Solutions