Medicine Overview of Ptu Tablet
Uses of Ptu Tablet
Ptu 50mg Tablet is used in the treatment of hyperthyroidism.
Side effects of Ptu Tablet
Skin rash, Hair loss, Headache, Pain, Joint stiffness, Nausea, Skin pigmentation, Paresthesia (tingling or pricking sensation).
How to use Ptu Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It is better to take Ptu 50mg Tablet with food.
How Ptu Tablet works
Ptu 50mg tablet lowers the amount of thyroid hormones produced by the thyroid gland.
In Depth Information on Ptu Tablet
Expert advice for Ptu Tablet
- Propylthiouracil is not recommended in children below 6 years of age.
- Inform your doctor if you are receiving medications for heart diseases, high blood pressure, asthma or any other heart or lung disorder.
- Use propylthiouracil with caution if you are a patient with kidney or liver disease.
- Discontinue propylthiouracil immediately if you develop symptoms of liver dysfunction (characterized by anorexia, pruritus, right upper quadrant pain, etc.).
- Seek immediate medical attention if you experience sore throat, fever, mouth ulcers, bruising, unusual tiredness, non-specific illness or other symptoms of infection.
- You will be monitored for prothrombin time during propylthiouracil therapy.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may become pregnant or breast-feeding.
- Avoid if Patient is allergic to propylthiouracil or any of its ingredients.
- Do not give if Children is <6 years.
- Avoid if Patients has previously reported intolerance to certain sugars.
Special precautions for Ptu 50mg Tablet
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Ptu 50mg Tablet is unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor....
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
Ptu 50mg Tablet is safe to use during lactation. Human studies have shown that either the drug does not pass into the breastmilk in significant amount or is not expected to cause toxicity to the baby.+more
The American Thyroid Association also recommends monitoring babies for appropriate growth and development during routine pediatric check-ups....
The American Thyroid Association also recommends monitoring babies for appropriate growth and development during routine pediatric check-ups.
It is not known whether Ptu 50mg Tablet alters the ability t+more
o drive. Do not drive if you experience any symptoms that affect your ability to concentrate and react....
Ptu 50mg Tablet is probably safe to use in patients with kid+more
ney disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Ptu 50mg Tablet may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor....
There is limited information available on the use of Ptu 50m+more
g Tablet in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor....
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Phylin 1mg Tablet, Aceno 1mg Tablet, Aceno 2mg Tablet, Aceno 3mg Tablet
User Submitted Feedback For Ptu 50mg Tablet
Patients taking Ptu 50mg Tablet
Thrice A Day
Twice A Day
Once A Day
Four Times A Day
Thrice A week
What were the side-effects while using this medicine?
No Side Effect
How do you take this medicine?
How much was the improvement?
Please rate this medicine on price?
What are you using this medicine for?
Survey Participants: 13
“The following are the results of on-going survey on 1mg.com for Ptu 50mg Tablet. These results only indicate the perceptions of the website users. Please base your medical decisions only on the advice of a doctor or a registered medical professional.”
One of the following vendor pharmacies will deliver Ptu 50mg Tablet: MAK, SHP, USF, JIV, DDR, PSP, ADT, SBA, HIP, DYG, OLT, SAT, AAY, NVL, DFP, EQN, OHM, LHA, GPT, PEN, MOM, ATP, BSN, GTC, WSI, MMS, RKS, ATL, DLP, MAX, HGI, SJP, DEL, NWP, RUS, STA, PTS, NDP, IPL, BIO, SSA, HEX, SHM, ZVP, JMJ, PLT, AYU, PNT, EMB, RPP, OWP, LCC, 9T9, SBL, AGT, BTM, RSS, DPP, KHH, FGH, ENP, BDN, GTK, SWA, BLP, GNC, MPC, RJH, OIP, HBV
Substitutes for Ptu
No substitutes found for this medicine