Information about Propyl Thiouracil
Propyl thiouracil uses
Propyl Thiouracil is used in the treatment of hyperthyroidism.
How propyl thiouracil works
Propyl Thiouracil is an anti-thyroid medication. It works by reducing the amount of thyroid hormones produced by the thyroid gland.
Common side effects of propyl thiouracil
Skin rash, Hair loss, Headache, Pain, Joint stiffness, Nausea, Skin pigmentation, Paresthesia (tingling or pricking sensation)
Available Medicine for Propyl Thiouracil
- ₹492Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Propyl Thiouracil
- Propylthiouracil is not recommended in children below 6 years of age.
- Inform your doctor if you are receiving medications for heart diseases, high blood pressure, asthma or any other heart or lung disorder.
- Use propylthiouracil with caution if you are a patient with kidney or liver disease.
- Discontinue propylthiouracil immediately if you develop symptoms of liver dysfunction (characterized by anorexia, pruritus, right upper quadrant pain, etc.).
- Seek immediate medical attention if you experience sore throat, fever, mouth ulcers, bruising, unusual tiredness, non-specific illness or other symptoms of infection.
- You will be monitored for prothrombin time during propylthiouracil therapy.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may become pregnant or breast-feeding.
- Avoid if Patient is allergic to propylthiouracil or any of its ingredients.
- Do not give if Children is <6 years.
- Avoid if Patients has previously reported intolerance to certain sugars.