Medicine Overview of Psycodon Tablet
Side effects of Psycodon Tablet
Headache, Sleepiness, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Parkinsonism, Akathisia, Dystonia.
How to use Psycodon Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It can be taken with or without food, but it is better to take Psycodon 6mg Tablet at a fixed time.
How Psycodon Tablet works
Psycodon 6mg tablet is an atypical antipsychotic. It works by modulating the action of certain chemical messengers in the brain that affect thoughts.
In Depth Information on Psycodon Tablet
Expert advice for Psycodon Tablet
- You can take paliperidone with or without breakfast, however, same pattern to be followed during the entire treatment.
- Inform your doctor if you have known cardiovascular disease or family history of QT prolongation and if you are taking medicines that may prolong the QT interval.
- Discontinue and inform you doctor immediately if you experience Neuroleptic Malignant Syndrome (NMS), characterised by hyperthermia (fever), muscle rigidity, autonomic instability, altered consciousness, and elevated serum creatine levels.
- Inform your doctor if you have a swallowing, stomach or intestinal disorder that reduces your ability to swallow or pass foods by normal bowel movements.
- You may suffer from tardive dyskinesia characterized by rhythmical, involuntary movements, predominantly of the tongue and/or face. Inform you doctor if you experience such symptoms.
- You may suffer from priapism (prolonged and/or painful erection), inform your doctor if you experience such symptoms.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as paliperidone may have some nervous effects and may cause visual disturbances.
- If you are a patient with diabetes, or with schizophrenia, taking paliperidone may increase the risk of developing diabetes. You should monitor glucose regularly while on paliperidone treatment.
- Seek immediate medical attention if the thoughts of suicide occur when on paliperidone therapy.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Special precautions for Psycodon 6mg Tablet
Psycodon 6mg Tablet may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness with alcohol.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Psycodon 6mg Tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Psycodon 6mg Tablet is probably usafe to use during lactatio+more
n. Limited human data suggests that the drug could represent a significant risk to the baby....
Psycodon 6mg Tablet may make you feel dizzy, drowsy or affec+more
t your vision. Do not drive until your vision is clear....
Psycodon 6mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Psycodon 6mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor.+more
Use of Psycodon 6mg Tablet is not recommended in patients with end-stage kidney disease....
Use of Psycodon 6mg Tablet is not recommended in patients with end-stage kidney disease.
Psycodon 6mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients with severe liver disease. Dose adjustment of Psycodon 6mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor.+more
Limited information is available on the use of Psycodon 6mg Tablet in these patients. No dose adjustment is recommended in patients with mild to moderate liver disease....
Limited information is available on the use of Psycodon 6mg Tablet in these patients. No dose adjustment is recommended in patients with mild to moderate liver disease.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Flutis 150mg Tablet, Onecan 400mg Tablet, Nixitral 100mg Capsule, Flugee 150mg Tablet
Frequently asked questions for Psycodon 6mg Tablet
Frequently asked questions for Paliperidone
Q. Is paliperidone the same as risperidone?
Paliperidone gets converted to risperidone in the body and thus exerts similar actions
No, Psycodon is not a narcotic
Yes, Psycodon is an atypical antipsychotic
Psycodon is metabolized to its active metabolite risperidone by the CYP family of metabolizing enzymes
Yes, Psycodon is known to cause weight gain
Psycodon may cause priapism (prolonged and/or painful erection), which may contribute to erectile dysfunction. Please follow your doctor's advice regarding its use
Oral Psycodon may take 5 days to clear off from your body/system, whereas the injection may take around 4 to 8 months to clear off from your body/system.