Medicine Overview of Palica OD Tablet
Side effects of Palica OD Tablet
Headache, Sleepiness, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Parkinsonism, Akathisia, Dystonia.
How to use Palica OD Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It can be taken with or without food, but it is better to take Palica OD 6mg Tablet at a fixed time.
How Palica OD Tablet works
Palica od 6mg tablet is an atypical antipsychotic. It works by modulating the action of certain chemical messengers in the brain that affects thoughts.
In Depth Information on Palica OD Tablet
Expert advice for Palica OD Tablet
- You can take paliperidone with or without breakfast, however, same pattern to be followed during the entire treatment.
- Inform your doctor if you have known cardiovascular disease or family history of QT prolongation and if you are taking medicines that may prolong the QT interval.
- Discontinue and inform you doctor immediately if you experience Neuroleptic Malignant Syndrome (NMS), characterised by hyperthermia (fever), muscle rigidity, autonomic instability, altered consciousness, and elevated serum creatine levels.
- Inform your doctor if you have a swallowing, stomach or intestinal disorder that reduces your ability to swallow or pass foods by normal bowel movements.
- You may suffer from tardive dyskinesia characterized by rhythmical, involuntary movements, predominantly of the tongue and/or face. Inform you doctor if you experience such symptoms.
- You may suffer from priapism (prolonged and/or painful erection), inform your doctor if you experience such symptoms.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as paliperidone may have some nervous effects and may cause visual disturbances.
- If you are a patient with diabetes, or with schizophrenia, taking paliperidone may increase the risk of developing diabetes. You should monitor glucose regularly while on paliperidone treatment.
- Seek immediate medical attention if the thoughts of suicide occur when on paliperidone therapy.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Special precautions for Palica OD 6mg Tablet
Palica OD 6mg Tablet may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness with alcohol.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Palica OD 6mg Tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Palica OD 6mg Tablet is probably usafe to use during lactati+more
on. Limited human data suggests that the drug could represent a significant risk to the baby....
Palica OD 6mg Tablet may make you feel dizzy, drowsy or affe+more
ct your vision. Do not drive until your vision is clear....
Palica OD 6mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Palica OD 6mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor.+more
Use of Palica OD 6mg Tablet is not recommended in patients with end-stage kidney disease....
Use of Palica OD 6mg Tablet is not recommended in patients with end-stage kidney disease.
Palica OD 6mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients with severe liver disease. Dose adjustment of Palica OD 6mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor.+more
Limited information is available on the use of Palica OD 6mg Tablet in these patients. No dose adjustment is recommended in patients with mild to moderate liver disease....
Limited information is available on the use of Palica OD 6mg Tablet in these patients. No dose adjustment is recommended in patients with mild to moderate liver disease.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Onitraz 100mg Capsule, Flugee 150mg Tablet, Tramazac HP 50mg Injection, Zathrin Redimix Suspension
Frequently asked questions for Palica OD 6mg Tablet
Frequently asked questions for Paliperidone
Q. Is paliperidone the same as risperidone?
Paliperidone gets converted to risperidone in the body and thus exerts similar actions
No, Palica od is not a narcotic
Yes, Palica od is an atypical antipsychotic
Palica od is metabolized to its active metabolite risperidone by the CYP family of metabolizing enzymes
Yes, Palica od is known to cause weight gain
Palica od may cause priapism (prolonged and/or painful erection), which may contribute to erectile dysfunction. Please follow your doctor's advice regarding its use
Oral Palica od may take 5 days to clear off from your body/system, whereas the injection may take around 4 to 8 months to clear off from your body/system.