Information about Paliperidone
How Paliperidone works
Paliperidone is an atypical antipsychotic. It works by affecting the levels of chemical messengers (dopamine and serotonin) to improve mood, thoughts and behavior.
Common side effects of Paliperidone
Abnormal involuntary movements, Dizziness, Injection site reactions (pain, swelling, redness), Nystagmus (involuntary eye movement), Sleepiness, Tremor
Available Medicine for Paliperidone
Invega SustennaJanssen Pharmaceuticals
PalidoTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹33 to ₹1294 variant(s)
PalipIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹37 to ₹1214 variant(s)
PalirisSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹38 to ₹1294 variant(s)
PalicalmReliance Formulation Pvt Ltd
₹39 to ₹772 variant(s)
₹34 to ₹923 variant(s)
Palica ODTalent Healthcare
₹45 to ₹923 variant(s)
PsycodonCrescent Therapeutics Ltd
₹34 to ₹652 variant(s)
Expert advice for Paliperidone
- Take it in the morning, preferably at the same time every day.
- To lower the chance of feeling dizzy or passing out, rise slowly if you have been sitting or lying down.
- Use caution while driving or doing anything that requires concentration as Paliperidone can cause dizziness and sleepiness.
- It may cause an increase in weight, blood sugar, cholesterol, and triglycerides (fat). Eat healthy, exercise, and monitor your levels regularly.
- Monitor your blood sugar regularly as Paliperidone can affect blood sugar levels.
- Do not stop taking Paliperidone without talking to your doctor first as it may cause a worsening of symptoms.